Running Secret Missions and Special Ops...

Steelflight

Spaceman
I've downloaded the Secret Missions and Special Ops for Kilrathi Saga from the Files Section of the site. I unzip them.....and have no idea what to do from there.

As I've said before in other posts, I know VERY LITTLE about computers, so if anyone could throw a tidbit this way on what to do, I would appreciate it.

You have to execute the SM12INST.exe for The WC1 addons and the SO12INST.exe for the WC2 addons. Those files should be under all the files you extracted from the zip files.
That should install the addons. As soon as that is done just start the Kilrathi saga as usual. But when you click now on Wing Commander 1 or 2 in the Kilrathi Saga starter, another menu will open which lets you select either the game itself or one of its addons.

Have fun, and report back if it worked.

Hmmmmm,

As it's installing, I get lots of messages that certain files are not found...and when it's done, I try to go into either WC1 or WC2 and start up the add-ons, but they're not there.

One thing I noticed on the Special Ops, the files it said that it couldn't find, were in the file that I got from the Files section of the site, after it was unzipped.

*rolls his eyes* Never fails....

*shrugs*

No luck there. It figures. I try to do something beyond my limited computer abilities, and this junk always happens...

Oh well, not your fault. I thank you for the help, My Prince...*chuckles*

The only version of those games that I have is the Kilrathi Saga versions. Just got them last week. I played through one and two just fine. But when I downloaded the other missions from the files section, and tried to install them as suggested....it kept saying files could not be copied, and that files weren't found...

Back