running priv II in XP?

I'm also trying to run Priv 2 in Xp, but I'm having some problems.
The package says its the 'deluxe Windows edition'.
At first, it wouldn't install. The installer told there wasn't enough room to install, even though I had like 8 gigs left.
I did get it installed, but when I try to launch it, I get the error message
"This is not a vaild Win32 Application".
Any ideas anybody?

win edition?

never heard of that.
is it still available for sale? ( in germany?)

i managed to install priv II in xp without any problem but when i start dark.exe the screen gets black an after a short time back to win

There is a Priv2 WinEdition but Its had to find.....At least in some Countries!Im from Greece and still looking for it :)

Originally posted by Azkabyn
I'm also trying to run Priv 2 in Xp, but I'm having some problems.
The package says its the 'deluxe Windows edition'.
At first, it wouldn't install. The installer told there wasn't enough room to install, even though I had like 8 gigs left.
I did get it installed, but when I try to launch it, I get the error message
"This is not a vaild Win32 Application".
Any ideas anybody?

Have you tried various Compatimpilities ??

Win95 Compatimpility for Example ?

Well....sorry pal ,I dunno...I think that Deluxe Version ,plays also in Dos mode (not very sure).But if you are Using XP,there is no way to do it right.....

If you got a Win95/98 bootdisk,try it from there....I dont know :(

Make a boot disk in a Win98 computer, then use it to start your computer in DOS. That way you´ll be able to start your machine in DOS and play Priv II.

hmm.. i was able to install priv 2 in XP. i got everything but the game to actually run.. I click on it. (set it on Win 95 compatible) it loads up.. and crashes.. if i don't have the disk in it'll bring up the insert disk 1 screen. but crash when i put it in. So darn annoying. tried about everything. (i have the latest (latest for a game this old) 17.e or something like that.

makes me almost miss my old 486 Dx 33, that i souped up to a 586 133 (one of those evergreen tech chips).

Back