RTS Poll

Re: Border Worlds Union

Originally posted by Chip
The Border Worlds Union...can use captured ships against the enemy ... Also make good decoys and are useful for spy missions.

IIRC, that never worked, in missions when you tried to fly "undercover" you always ended up getting found out...

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Long live the Thread that was created wrong!

I am for the Confederation... Gotta fly them Arrows and Hellcat Vs. :D

That's the way to go, my friend! Heh, but playing as the all-powerful Steltek would be a great experience...

Re: Re: Border Worlds Union

Originally posted by Soma
IIRC, that never worked, in missions when you tried to fly "undercover" you always ended up getting found out...

Well, there was that mission where Blair had to infiltrate the Black Lance base (sure, he got found out, but that had nothing to do with the fighter.) Plus he blew up the Vesuvius by pretending to be one of her own fighters.

Best, Raptor

Well, his Lance was pretty badly shot up at that point, so maybe he couldn't use the cloak. (This is in the TPOF novel.) He used his IFF to signal the Vesuvius that he had a shot out radio, flew into the hanger bay, and let loose with the flashpak.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Wulf

That's the way to go, my friend! Heh, but playing as the all-powerful Steltek would be a great experience...

Yes, sitting around not fighting anything would make for a great space combat game.

As to which faction I'd like to able to play, I go with the Border Worlds or a Privateer (if possible). I like hodge podge fleets since they offer more variety

It would be great to be a Privateer, caught up in the middle of a war, just like in Priv1, but a more elaborated thing.

Originally posted by Raptor
Well, his Lance was pretty badly shot up at that point, so maybe he couldn't use the cloak. (This is in the TPOF novel.) He used his IFF to signal the Vesuvius that he had a shot out radio, flew into the hanger bay, and let loose with the flashpak.
Isn't that a bit underhanded for our morally upright Colonel?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Yes, sitting around not fighting anything would make for a great space combat game.

I didn't know you liked playing games that way, LOAF! IMO, you should try being more aggressive, and take control for yourself instead of sitting around!:p

It would be great to be a Privateer, caught up in the middle of a war, just like in Priv1, but a more elaborated thing.

Yeah, but I think running a pirate clan off a rigged up carrier would be cool, like that guy in false colours.

Re: Border Worlds Union

Originally posted by Chip
The Border Worlds Union has a much more positive way of dealing with situations -- they use leech guns whereas ConFed uses tachyons. I'd rather disable a ship than destroy it. Reason being is because you can use captured ships against the enemy as well as using them to boost up your economy. Also make good decoys and are useful for spy missions.

Don't forget that you have to support what you capture. You could always recycle material or mothball it if you have to, but you still have the people to take care of.

Re: Re: Border Worlds Union

The Black Lance had a rather simple solution to that problem, as I recall. :D Seriously, I would probably say that having an extra fighter like a Dragon or a Bearcat would outweigh the requirements of looking after the pilot. You would get a lot more prisoners when you busted a pirate or smuggling gang.

Best, Raptor

Ouch! thats gonna leave a mark,
Couldn't you just take the fighter and let the pilot go? or offer them the choice of fighting for you instead? after all, Blair did both in WCIV

Well, Blair was fighting against the Black Lance exactly because they did such things as shooting prisoners.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by fallen phoenix

Yeah, but I think running a pirate clan off a rigged up carrier would be cool, like that guy in false colours.

And they can name their carrier the "Arcadia." Haha. Get it?

Actually, I want to play as Carnes (the hero-turned-pirate from the "The Last One," episode of WCA:TV)!

The episode was The Last One *Left*...

... and his name was spelled 'Karnes'. Even without the horrid closed captionings on the early episode, you see it in the wreckage at the end of the show.

Back