Roberts' Goings On?

Yeah, Starlancer was fun and the combat had a more realistic feel, but there was no character interaction, so the story was kind of nonexistent. Fun game, though.

the roberts brothers are no longer associated with conquest frontier wars or digital anvil since microsoft bought da out

Right. I read an article through gamespot (I think)which said that both Roberts have left Digital Anvil since Microsoft came along. However, from the article, it appears as though Freelancer development is still going strong. This leads me to the question:

What is this talented duo up to?

Freelancer's on some sort of hold to wait for technology to reach some point... Roberts is still attached to the project as some sort of consultant.

TC

Was it Jeremy Roberts who plays Dekker? If he's related to Chris Roberts, why doesn't he have an English accent while Chris does?

I didn't find anything on Roberts consulting but here is an exerpt from CGW:

Despite the departure of Chris Roberts and acquisition by Microsoft, Digital Anvil's epic space sim is still under intense development. And scrutiny. At press time, both companies were examining the project to determine two things: how much more development time would be needed, and what would be the scope and feature set of the project. Encouragingly, Microsoft officials vowed to give Freelancer "as much time as they needed."

...and it finishes with:

Count on Freelancer to be released sometime between November 2001 and April 2002.

Computer Gaming World   [posted on: Mar 07 2001 12:00:00:000AM][\i]

Lets just hope they (Mickysoft) dont muck it up like their OS's or have us download service paks or some other silly thing they like us to do all the time!

RFBurns

Thats good, hope its the same for Freelancer, I cant download these huge patch files anymore on my chicken wire fence of a connect!! At best it gets 22.6kps! :eek: But that will change once they finish the DSL lines out here in the desert!

RFBurns

[Edited by RFBurns on 03-20-2001 at 18:38]

Originally posted by Marcml30

Count on Freelancer to be released sometime between November 2001 and April 2002.

Keep da faith!! :):)

[Edited by mpanty on 03-20-2001 at 18:51]

Originally posted by RFBurns
At best it gets 22.6kps!
Crikey, count yourself lucky! Unless I'm having a good day, my DLs average at about 3KBps. Even worse at peak times. Of course, that's what I get for being on a freebie service. :) If I had money to burn on a cable connection...

Jeremy Roberts is not related to Chris Roberts... although Chris Roberts is *not* from England -- he just grew up there. (He was born in Redwood City, IIRC)

Back