Rise of Legends

Fatcat

Swabbie
Banned
I know this is wildly off-topic, but you guys seem to have lots of technical experience with games, and I've had no luck anywhere else, so here goes.

I recently got the game Rise of Legends. Immediatly upon finishing the install, I get this error message:
ROLerror.png

I can ignore it, and the game appears to run fine, until I start a campaign. When I tell Giacomo to attack, it gives the the attack screen. Whn I start the attack, it gives me the normal loading splash screen, but instead it brings me back to the campaign screen as if I had never started the attack. I can't break this loop. When I try starting a quick battle, all of the map's names show up, but none work and act as if they weren't installed and starting the game gives me the message "Invalid Install".

I have a perfectly legal physical copy of the game, a second copy of it, I have more than enough hard drive space, my computer is more than adequate for the game, I've tried reinstalling DirectX and the .dll that it mentions, and I've used the games' official patcher, all to no avail. I am at my wit's end, can someone please help me?

Back