Ripper 5 prog

Lunatic

Spaceman
If anyone has downloaded the program Ripper 5 from the files section, does it work for you? I matter what I do, I always get some sort of runtime error. I would put this up in the tech support section, but the other times there were only 2 replies.

Thanks

Does anyone know a program that can rip music files from Playstation disks?

I don't have a Playstation, but I was under the impression that music on the PS was encoded in standard CD audio format - ie you can play it on a standard CD player.

Wedge, some of the CDs are encoded with "Red Disk", which allows them to be played in a CD player. Games like Wipeout, which are popular due to their soundtracks, usually do this.

Most games are "Yellow Book" though and are encoded and compressed >.<

-J

Ok, the self proclaimed genius has arrived!

Stop trying to use ripper 5 right now. It won't work on anything higher than win 95. use this instead

http://www.blacklance.org/anonftp/pub/cic/wing4/wc4movierip.zip

This will let you rip movies from wc4 and wc3, and actually just about anything from the two games. I haven't tried to push it to its full extent, but I'm sure it could do that. It's a little package that I put together of tings that are very very useful for ripping things! It works great! Use it and tell me what you think!

Oh, no, you're wrong. I had the prog before and it worked. For some stupid reason I deleted it. I redownloaded it and it wouldn't work. And no, it wasn't WC4 movie rip since it hadn't come out then, though it is a good prog.

Ripper 5 only works in win 95. If you got it to work in anything higher, tell me how. wc4movierip just came out about a month or two ago. Thats why I say use it. It will work, and it's ahout 1 billion times easier to use. just try it.

Originally posted by LeHah
Most games are "Yellow Book" though and are encoded and compressed
Ah, I understand that the standard audio CD format is known as 'red book', but what else is there? Yellow book, green book, psychadelic purple with pink polkadots book... just kidding, what do they mean?

Back