Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Bad

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fatcat

Swabbie
Banned
This is a fleet carrier I designed, meant for the Wc3-4 era. It has a flight deck like the Bengal, but the deck goes through to the back like in newer Confed designs, plus the top and bottom bridge design. The Anti-Matter turrets are one on each of the flat spots on the ends of the booms. The capship Missile tubes flank the end of the front flight deck.

Attachments

• Resolution.jpg
    Resolution.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 144
  • bottom_over.jpg
    bottom_over.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 136
very interesting design.

i do not like the the cylinder pods/wings.

i think if they were removed, the hull widened, and the conning tower moved to the side, like the ranger and concordia classes, the model as a whole would look much better.

in my opinion, this is your best model that you have posted.

good job.

Thanks. I've finally registered my copy of Ac3d, so I can now save and edit the model. I'll take your suggestion about the booms, I was trying to make it look like the ones on the Bengal, so i'll put them on a quarter-circle support and change the shape. I'll post it as soon as it's done.

Here is the revised model, it looks more Ranger-ish.

Attachments

• over_B.jpg
    over_B.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 133
  • over_back_B.jpg
    over_back_B.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 146
I'm not so crazy about it as a Fleet carrier - but it would look great as a little border patrol carrier.

actually, if you were to make the nose part capable of opening and closing like in the movie(which is a good thing, cause you'd evade the risk of zu'khara-ing cats on the hangar), this would not make a bad design for a revised bengal, somewhere inbetween wc1 and 2?

I would make the landing strip shorter and the "wings" bigger... and somehow fill the crazy "hole" between the back and middle part

Back