Requesting Simulator Advice

Death's Head

Spaceman
On level six I got 80 kills and 3 Corvettes then time expires and I apparently failed the mission.

How much more is there to go? Any advice on how to get that far in the time given? And I DON'T mean modify the ship, I don't want to do that.

While I'm at it, on level 4 I got 61 kills how did you guys fair? I guess I should have had more, but it has been a while since I played WCP. I'm considering changing some ships after I beat Prophecy on Nightmare, which may take a while...I tried changing the corvette which didn't work but so when I do finish I plan on switching the cat weapons with bug guns.

Zohrath

Rear Admiral
I go through WCP on nightmare with no troubles at all, it shouldn't take too long for you to do it as well.

------------------
Zohrath.

http://www.starlancer.net - Lancers HQ, the best source for Starlancer and Freelancer news.

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
What an unusual random pointless brag.

The simulator objective is to kill as many enemy fighters in ten minutes -- do that and you 'win'... the more you kill, the more wingmen join you. There's no 'going through' to it...
smile.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Death's Head

Spaceman
yes he does but what I would like to know is on level 6 I get "unfortunatly you have failed this mission...". How many nav points are there?

I think there is an end to that one becuase I vaguely remember seeing it once when I first got prophecy.

At least on level 4 I survive long enough to hear "congratulations you have successfully completed..."

That and is it level 8?, those are the only no end in sight missions I know of.

Death's Head

Spaceman
how so? you're not in space either way, they are both sims and if there is a different feel, maybe it's because of the music, and you can play any tune using moretunes.

I think it is fun playing the levels in almost any ship you want, even the bug and cat fighters.