Request for WC3 Poster Scans

Cam

Spaceman
Hi folks, it's me again.

As time draws near for me to model the Kilrathi fighters for my movie, I will be needing reference material for my meshes.

Can anybody make medium resolution scans of the orthographic views of the Dralthi, Darket, and Vaktoth from WC3's poster for me? Those would be 640x480 resolution or higher scans of each orthographic view, or a 2400x800 scan and I'll cut them myself.

Thanks! ;)

Any and all screencaps of the Centurion from Privateer would be good too. Not only of it in flight, but of it landed, up close in the upgrade hangar, the main menu, etc. I'm looking for as much as possible for that one as I'd like to build an accurate version of that fighter (no detailed cockpit however) for a scene in my movie and perhaps for later still shots as well.

Actually, I don't need orthographic views of the Dralthi. :D

But I'd like as many screenshots as possible of all views of the Dralthi from Prophecy though. :) Anybody?

Well since nobody is helping me by providing me with reference material :( I went ahead and started to model based on what little I have.

You know, the more help I get the better these models can look. :rolleyes:

Here's what I have so far!

dralthi.wip01.jpg

Thanks Top Gun.

From the looks of my research there is a significant difference between the WC4/Prophecy Dralthi's and the WC3 Dralthi Mk IV. I guess the WC4/Prophecy Dralthi's are post-war versions, the Mk. V's? Probably weaker than the Mk. IV my guess is (they look less fearsome).

The WC3 Dralthi's have the underside knife-like protrusions, whereas the WC4/P ones lack them, but they have tiny laser/antenna looking things on the wings. Plus the engine fuselage is bigger than the cockpit fuselage in WC3, but the reverse in WC4/P.

Looks like mine will be a Dralthi Mk. IV then, more fearsome and deadly than the WC4/P one, except with a WC4/P paintjob. :)

Wing Commander 4 is probably a Dralthi V... Prophecy's looks like a slight variation on a Drathi IV, IIRC... but I'm too lazy to check. I'll also point out that the Dralthi V wouldn't be a post war creation, as the Dralthi VII was the new variant circa Righteous Fire (2669).

Hmm... I've been trying to scan my colour Voices of War for the last little bit... but I'm getting a horrible Moire effect style thing like crazy and I can't fix it. If you want it for detail, my crappy-ass scanner isn't going to do you any good...

I'll give a black and white one a try in a bit to see if it's any better.

Originally posted by Cam
From the looks of my research there is a significant difference between the WC4/Prophecy Dralthi's and the WC3 Dralthi Mk IV. I guess the WC4/Prophecy Dralthi's are post-war versions, the Mk. V's? Probably weaker than the Mk. IV my guess is (they look less fearsome).
As I recall (but I'm not certain), the WC3/4/P Dralthi are virtually identical in stats. There are definitely visual differences, but they are only slight - it seems, basically, as though each iteration of the 3D Dralthi mesh (starting with Armada and ending with WCP) used the same basic look, but had a bit more detail. It's probably a reflection of the increasing capabilities of the engines.

Hrm, well either way, I'm building the WC3 version since that's the only version I have orthographic views of! :p

Will anybody please send me some underside shots of the Dralthi???

I can get you some screens from the little introduction movie that comes with The Kilrathi Saga. I believe it features the Dralthi you're looking for. Would they be of any use?

Back