Repleetah - Some questions...

NoRemorse

Rear Admiral
I know all what is written is the Wc3 manual, but I need to knwo more (Do you want to know more ? huummm, I think I've already heard this sentence somewhere ;) )

- about Marines' weapons: bullets or laser guns ?
- Were there terran outposts before the Kilrathi strike ?
- What the planet looks like ? Forests ? Water ? Rocks ?

That's how I imagine the frontline: base, then trenches (4-5 trenches) then one or two outposts... 5-10 km and then enemy lines... am I right ?

John

from WCA:tv, it appears that repleetah is a snow covered planet. There are networks of trenches with underground outposts (like in WW1), and the Kilrathi use subterranean vehicles to ambush the Terrans. There were some science bases on them at one time (Terran and Kilrathi), but i don't know if they are still there, or if they were razed by the war.
The marines appear to be armed with laser rifles, shoulder held RPG type weapons and explosives (satchel charges)

From what I gathered from Victory Streak, is that Repleetah was forest-like, the greenhouse planet from WCAtv proably a good example of what it looked like. Then the first battle started and most of what was there got destroyed by the nuclear fallout, and it ended up the way Oggy described below.

All articles on the battle indicate that there were strong radiation. Also, all WC weapons are at least in part nuclear. THey are just the relatively harmless proton-fusion based variety.

Bio-weapons.....ugghh <Shudders>

I don't have WCIII with me at uni, so i can't check, but was it the kilrathi, confed or both sides using them?

The Victory Streak just mentions the Kilrathi use of bio-weapons. Then again, the VS is presented as a Confed written information manual for its crews, so maybe Confed used bio-weps as well.

Best, Raptor

Judging from the reaction to the development of bio-weapons by Tolwyn, I'd say Confed didn't generally use them... the odd thing though, is that the VS/KS manual does imply that both sides used "full bio-resistant suits", and that could be taken to imply that both sides used bio-weapons.

That is a reasonable conclusion especially since you don't have Bio-Resistent suits without doing research with Bio-weapons

Plus we know from the WCA episode "On Both Your Houses" (not to mention WC4) that there were at least some Confed people who had no qualms about the use of bio-weapons. I don't think it was official Confed policy, though.

Best, Raptor

I would hope that it was policy. I think the US has a no Bioweapons policy. I would hope that being as honorable as the Confederation is that they adopted a policy like that or similar.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, Confed != US. ;)

Originally posted by Quarto
...both sides used "full bio-resistant suits", and that could be taken to imply that both sides used bio-weapons.
Even if only one side were to use bio-weaons, I'd say all soldiers would have to wear bio-resistant suits for preventative measures. Or it could be possible that bio-weapons had been used so extensively that they affect most of the planet.

Yea, bioweapons certainly would put a different spin on the series and definately wouldn't help in all aspects of it.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
I would hope that it was policy. I think the US has a no Bioweapons policy. I would hope that being as honorable as the Confederation is that they adopted a policy like that or similar.

Just because the US doesn't have an official policy about bioweapons development doesn't mean that the US doesn't have them or continue to research them...

My opinion would be that Confed did use bio-weps just as much as the kilrathi but covered it up for morale and propaganda purposes. (WCA: TV - confed did the same propaganda trick when damon karnes turned pirate in the last one left)

I agree with you on that fallen phoenix. In WC:FA the military's image and morals that the public sees are always talked about and in constant scruitney. If the public knew about something that negative then the Confederation's image would have been in the toilet.

I think there's a significant difference between covering up when something bad happens and purposfully creating something bad...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I think there's a significant difference between covering up when something bad happens and purposfully creating something bad...

and then covering it up!

Back