Repair cost and computation and other 1.0 obs

tcat92

Spaceman
I got banged up and needed to be repaired. I finally raised 10,000 necessary to get my radar fixed and whatever else. I started with a balance of 15,330.02. After I bought the repair ship option, instead of having 5,330.02 left, I had 6,330.02 left. So it cost me 9000 not 10000. Is this a bug?

When flying in banged up, my radar was crackling and fuzzy. But when I hit 'r' for damage report, only my hull value was shown. I don't think it shows damaged components as claimed by the Remake manual.

I also noticed that the mining planets like Hector and Achilles do not have names in the Navigational map.

It seems like you can cheat if what you want is not in the ship upgrade listings, you can quit and come back and it might be there since the missions listing and new and commodities all change when you start a new game.

It sounds like I have a afterburner on my Tarsus. But it really doesn't seem like its effective or working. My speed display shows 300 and never goes beyond it. And objects don't come closer very quickly like it should.

tcat92 said:
When flying in banged up, my radar was crackling and fuzzy. But when I hit 'r' for damage report, only my hull value was shown. I don't think it shows damaged components as claimed by the Remake manual.
Not at this time, no.
It seems like you can cheat if what you want is not in the ship upgrade listings, you can quit and come back and it might be there since the missions listing and new and commodities all change when you start a new game.
You could do that in the original as well. Not so much with upgrades, but with cargo and missions. Savegames would be rather large if every little thing were recorded.
It sounds like I have a afterburner on my Tarsus. But it really doesn't seem like its effective or working. My speed display shows 300 and never goes beyond it. And objects don't come closer very quickly like it should.
Then I would suggest that you don't have one. Check the upgrades screen to be sure. The sound plays whether you have one or not, known issue.

Holding the Afterburner key if you have no afterburner accelerates you to max speed.

The sound is a slight issue, but an afterburner is just about always the first or second thing you upgrade, so it's not a big deal.

the repair method right now is just winging it, i.e. it estimates.

i''m working on makign the repairs work per-item, and reflect the actaul cost of the item.

also, i'll add the systems to the in-flight repair screen, so you can see their damages.

-scheherazade

No, it does not appear I have an afterburner eventhough I have the sound. But none are for sale either anywhere in Troy! Will the 'known issue' be fixed in the 1.0 rel.? Not a big deal I guess.

Yes, it looks like the repair amount is different sometimes. Once I saw it for 7000. But I've seen it mostly at 10,000. I thought it was concrete, but I guess its just an estimate. Hey, I don't care if its less. So, the description should say a maximum of 10000.

scheherazade0xf, it would be nice to have all the components listed in the damage report. It would be nice to have them color-coded like in the original, but percentages work. Its a bit confusing though when if you have Tungsten armor, the percentage shows as 200 or 1 hundred something. It would also be nice, as you said, to be able to repair certain components as well per item.

Thanks for the answers everyone.

the afterburner should turn up after a while... if the station has it...we could make it more common...
you could also get a j-drive and go outsystem

True, I could get a jumpr drive and go out of the system but I'm just starting out and I'm sure I'll die if I do. But all three bases have a lot of upgrades including some unaffordable guns and fancy smancy stuff. Why not have a simple afterburner for the Tarsus? Especially if one needs it off the bat for dogifights?

Just a thought.

Back