Red Manta

The key difference is that the red (or bomber) Manta's carry a torpedo in place of the fighter variant's pair of Proteus MIRVs. They do appear quite often in the game <G>

All Mantas can do capship damage -- with their single light plasma. The reds are usually targetting Midway portions, though.

I was able to identify the Red Manta almost immediately when I first encountered it. It was pretty noticeable, when I was cycling through the available targets, and spotted the color difference. As for function, I found that out the hard way when I dogged one, and it fired a torpedo at the Midway's starboard engine before I could reach it. Since then, I've made it a point to target these craft first, as well as Stingrays in any defense mission. :)

When I first played P, I saw Red Mantas. However, last time I played it (2 weeks ago) I could've sworn I saw Green Mantas with plasma guns. Am I going nuts?

I also learned the hard way. I saw these and thaught, oh well just fighters, me gonna go find bombers. Little did I know. Anyway, how do I get to the simulater?

Nuclearbox, the simulator in Prophecy is in the lounge, to the far left of the screen. Just click, pick, and blast away! :)

"However, last time I played it (2 weeks ago) I could've sworn I saw Green Mantas with plasma guns. Am I going nuts?"
Standard Manta heavy fighters have a single plasma, as LOAF said.

Back