Recording Wing commander: The kilrathi saga ingame footage (Wing commander 2)

Darkarbiter

Spaceman
I'd like to record wing commander the kilrathi saga footage. However when doing so with wing commander 2 I just get a video of a black screen with some blue spots on it which is similar to what I get when I try printscreen ingame. Anyone know any fixes?

While we're here anyone know where I can get WC1 and WC2 secret missions? A quick google didn't yield anything.

It depends on what you are using to record. I don't know of many programs that can do this, but I do know that Fraps is one of them. If you're using a different program, then all I can suggest is trial and error. If you really want WC1-3, then do a ebay search on Kilrathi saga. I don't know of any other method to obtain the games.

Nono I have the kilrathi saga thats the one I'm using. I tried fraps (was using cam studio) and fraps just doesn't appear ingame and cam studio video appears black with a few blue splotches.

I think it's due to the recording keys. From what I recall, using certain keys gets unusual results. For my recordings, either F12 or F11 should work but make sure that Fraps is recording by looking in the folder after pressing the key. You can alt-tab out of Wing Commander and you should see a 3 gigabyte video file in the Fraps folder which means it is recording. Try that out and let me know the results.

Back