Real Mass Driver prototype

Dart said:
The problems associated with shooting neutronium would be too great for it to be used. Neutron stars are so dense that its gravitational pull is incredibly powerful. So if you had that inside your ship, your ship would probably implode. :eek: Also, Imagine trying to overcome inertia with that stuff!

Assuming that neutronium outside of stars is even possible, that's why I said they'd have to fire microparticles. A particle smaller than a bit of dust could have all the mass of a 3 ton lead brick! :)

On the more realistic side, I think the developers just liked the idea of a neutron gun and didn't put too much thought into how it would work. And for all intents and purposes, who cares anyway? It could be magic for all we care. It's all about whether the game is fun or not. After all, who would really want to develop a gun that carries ammo massing as much (or more) than the entire ship? :)

I built a mass driver for my science fair project this year. The results were extremly dissapointing, but I got an A. We won't be blasting Kilrathi with them for some time I'm afraid.

Back