Reading stardates?

Danaru

Spaceman
Is there any way someone could post how to convert stardates to earth time, and vice versa? I've always wondered how to read them, and have always wanted to date things with stardates, just to confuse people :D

Wing Commander dates? They're just the year.day of the year.time. Today is the 11th day of the year 2005, 2005.112.1130

With it being in Wing Commander Chat I guess it is about Wing Commander dates.

However Star Trek stardates are pretty arbitrary. People claim to have made converters, but they simply are not consistent because Star Trek stardates are not consistent.

They can go as far as the second, like 2005.112.1411.30

(April 23rd, 2005, 2:11 PM and 30 seconds).

Nomad Terror said:
With it being in Wing Commander Chat I guess it is about Wing Commander dates.

However Star Trek stardates are pretty arbitrary. People claim to have made converters, but they simply are not consistent because Star Trek stardates are not consistent.

They're arbitrary, but they're not random and they are internally consistent. The original series began in the low 1000s and went to 5000s. The first season of The Next Generation began 41150.7. The 4 was picked for 24th Century, 1 for first season, 150 to represent 150/1000th through the calendar year, and .7 is time. One number was added to the 41 each calendar year. This was continued through Deep Space 9 and Voyager until you got to 54850 almost fourteen years later. So of course there's no proper translation sequencing back to today, but you can quite easily use the dates to reference points within the series.

Back