Read stuff before calling people names, LOAF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starkey

Avenging Rooster
Read the post before calling people stupid, LOAF!!!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Oh, well, if *Hitler* thought so, then Bush must be Hitler! Thanks for showing us the error of our ways, Worlds Stupidest Man!

For obvious reasons, this especially stupid thread is closed.

Stupid.

LOAF,

I know that I should be e-mailing this but I was harassed for no reason and just can´t take that.

I didn´t say that Bush is like Hitler. Bush didn´t ever say that the UN is useless. He might have said that UN was wrong, but that´s a whole ´nother thing.

ARIES, a CZer, said with all the words: "the UN is useless". I replied to ARIES that HE was saying dangerous stuff. Things like that have been said in the past and have sparkled WWII.

I don´t agree with Bush, but I don´t think he is like Hitler, I just think he is radical sometimes. And Bush doesn´t think that the U.N. is useless, he just doesn´t agree with it.

Ban me if you want, you will be banning a free-spirited CZer who LOVES the U.S. (I lived in Ohio for 6 months, bigtime Indians fan), loves Wing Commander but can´t take being called stupid by someone that I usually respect and that wasn´t even in the conversation.

Now, one of the things I learned while living in the U.S. is that you people respect others´s opinions. I didn´t say that Aries is Hitler, nor I said that Bush is Hitler, is just said that ARIES´s (not Bush´s) sentence was once said by Hitler, and thoughts like that are dangerous. But Hitler tortured, killed and was evil in person. Saddam is like that. Aries (I think) and Bush are NOT, but that doesn´t make everything they do right.

If you don´t ban me, don´t worry, I´ll ban myself from here for the next 30 days, at least.

Later,

Starkey.

The problem is that a body like the United Nations -has- to back its own words and judgements with some sort of action.

What Hitler talked about was in reference to the League Of Nations, the body which preceeded the United Nations. It did not act when he invaded Poland, nor when he continued his predations through Austria, Hungary, and other nations... which effectively robbed it of any credibility in the eyes of Hitler's Germany.

This is the problem - words alone do not solve an issue. Ideals alone do not fix a problem. Actions taken on these ideals and words are what solve matters; talking about starvation in the Third World is fine and dandy, but without support to build an infrastructure by which a nation can feed itself, these words and ideals are... powerless. Seen as weak, because nobody believes enough to follow through these ideals and high words with action.

Why do you think there are peacekeeping actions? Because that's the only way to show the United Nations means business, and that the member nations believe enough in those ideas to risk lives to aid that process.

Re: Read the post before calling people stupid, LOAF!!!

Originally posted by Starkey
ARIES, a CZer, said with all the words: "the UN is useless". I replied to ARIES that HE was saying dangerous stuff. Things like that have been said in the past and have sparkled WWII.

I thought WW2 was started by lack of enforcement of the Treaty of Versailles of WW1 (which wasn't signed by the US), and rabid expansionism of a few countries. Perhaps all those books I read were wrong...

If you don´t ban me, don´t worry, I´ll ban myself from here for the next 30 days, at least.

Is that supposed to make us cry and beg you to come back?

Calling anyone Hitler, be it Mister Bush or some other CZer is a dumb thing to do.

You certainly should have e-mailed this. I'd have been happy to talk about it. But you didn't, and I have to ban you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back