Razor starfighter

I just played WC4 for the first time and got to see those fighters in action. Nightmare level is MUCH harder on WC4 than WC3 (for Mac at least), so those little buggers made short work of my wingmen and gave a very rude introduction to WC4. It's also the only fighter you face in WC4 that you can never fly in WC3 or 4. Great job modding it, looks just like it to me! Do we get to fly it in WC Saga?

Yeah, getting to fly that thing would make no sense, and if you would get to fly it you'd be fucked anyways. :p

Actually, on nightmare difficulty level in WC4, armor rating is almost useless because one missile will take out a ship regardless of the armor rating. What mostly matters is speed, maneuverability, and hardpoints. Even in a longbow, one missile will destroy the ship (not the case in WC3 though)- so it's like flying a slow non-maneuverable Razor. The Razor is the fastest light fighter (tied only by the Bearcat) with a top speed of 550 k/s (Excal. is 500 and Arrow is only 520), can outmaneuver just about anything, and carries 8 missiles. I'd MUCH rather be in a Razor than a slower ship with heavy armor. The only reason I'd choose an Arrow over a Razor would be if the Razor didn't have the "slide" option. However, even with all that praise, since this is a WC3 timeline, players who haven't played WC4 wouldn't like it- and I might guess it wasn't a common fighter in the Confederation Fleet (I could be wrong though).

Cyberion said:
Also i'm working on the short movie called "the Dogfight", where Hellcat will fight with Razor and the final animation will show, how Razor falls apart (i've modelled the ship using the seperate layer for every part of the ship, so it will fall apart realisticaly), I've done half of the movie already... so i'm hoping to finish the hole one by the new year party ;)

Awesome! Can't wait to see it :D! Although the Hellcat seems more like cannon fodder to me :p
Cyberion said:
So here is the images:

simple percpective view
Image121.jpg

and th view without engine flare, so you may see the shape of the engines
Image128.jpg

In these images the Razor looks a little (or should I say almost exactly?) like the early version of the X-Wing fighter which will come out with the Star Wars Ep. 3 movie. Put an R-2 unit in the back and you're ready to go!

Back