Razor starfighter

Wow, I kinda see it now, actually.

In the bottom-right shot, cut off the entire nose up to the two angled areas with the yellow and black stripes on either side of the canopy, and you have a Bearcat lookalike.

Edit: and the textures help :p

@Lynx : About bobboaus and Aldo's comment (they have a point IMO) , what would you think about splitting up this big cockpit with one seperating line from left to right (I have no picture at hand, something like on a F16 maybe), so there will be two halfround windows instead this big one ?

No it looks pretty sharp. Having the cockpit made out of one piece actually gives it that evil look, and the cockpit is small enough not to need any supporting struts since that fighter is just barely 12 metres long

well i've sent the Razor model about a week ago to WCNEWS, although it wasn't posted yet. So probably soon you will see it, so far here is the images.

Also i'm working on the short movie called "the Dogfight", where Hellcat will fight with Razor and the final animation will show, how Razor falls apart (i've modelled the ship using the seperate layer for every part of the ship, so it will fall apart realisticaly), I've done half of the movie already... so i'm hoping to finish the hole one by the new year party ;)

So here is the images:

simple percpective view
Image121.jpg

and th view without engine flare, so you may see the shape of the engines
Image128.jpg

and i have to agree that the cockpit, should have some kind of the holding points/lines, this will give it a lot of realism.

Best regards,
Cyb

Not bad, but make the gun barrels at the wingtips shorter. They are way too long now.

Cyberion said:
and i have to agree that the cockpit, should have some kind of the holding points/lines, this will give it a lot of realism.

Well, the original model from Origin didn't have any, and that model should be a close to th original as possible. And why would that make it more realistic. Wit that ship being very small it's quite possible that it has a full glass cockpit. There are bigger fighting planes today that have full glass bulbs, not to mention that it's pretty easy to assume that whatever they made up for cockpits being made of in WC is much more robust that anything used on planes.

Cyberion said:
well i've sent the Razor model about a week ago to WCNEWS, although it wasn't posted yet. So probably soon you will see it, so far here is the images.

Hey, I don't think we got it. Can you resend to news@wcnews.com?

I can see one strut in the middle of the cockpit, along the short axis of the canopy.

Of course, looking at that image again makes me go "holy hell, they got this one really close" :p

SpaceDrake said:
I can see one strut in the middle of the cockpit, along the short axis of the canopy.

I think thats the start of the instrument panel there, where you say theres a strut

@Lynx
Could you make a texture with struds so that we have a comparsion.
Anyway it would be hard enough to see so minor details while fighting and I don't think that this fighter will stand still for you to shoot at it ^_^

I don't think those things in the original screenshot are meant to be struts. The one across the canopy looks like either something inside of the cockpit, or some lighting effect, and the one along the canopy looks like a lighting effect.

Looks pretty unique the way it is now, I like it.

Yeah, the model is great the way it is now. Lynx could probably do his "backlit canopy" stuff to great effect, but the model is spoogeworthy as it is.

That is one fighter that was impossible to see in WC4. When I converted it to FC, it looked completely unfamilar and rather ugly, so I am definitely using another model.

Hmmm....kind of looks like one of those vipers from Battlestar Galatica, doesn't it. ;)

Talk about "model" justice. :D WC takes from BG and Stargate takes from WC. :p

Back