Razor starfighter

Lynx

Spaceman
Allright people, here's something new:

Possibly the second most succesful private industries fighter behind the Talon, the Razor ranks as the top light fighter. No other craft can match its price performance value out on the market, both private and military craft. The shields and armor are really, really thin, but the speed and maneuverability more than make up for it.

RazorB.jpg

Razor!.jpg

Credits for this pretty ship go to gevatter Lars(model) and Lynx(minor model adjustments and texturing).

I'm betting Psych is not involved in this...

Far be it from me to criticize or complain because this fighter looks very well polished but how is this not adding a "fanboy" creation? I'm not judging but I thought initially there was this big to do over how WC SAGA was sticking strictly to the ships already introduced to the WC Universe...

The engine section looks longer than I seem to remember - though having a quick look at some screenshots, my memory is definately on the faulty side :D

Sweet:)

@ Maj. Striker - wasn't it in wc4 (first mission) ?

Maj.Striker said:
I'm betting Psych is not involved in this...

Far be it from me to criticize or complain because this fighter looks very well polished but how is this not adding a "fanboy" creation? I'm not judging but I thought initially there was this big to do over how WC SAGA was sticking strictly to the ships already introduced to the WC Universe...

Say what ???? Actually this is an official ship from WC4 / Origin, and not a fanboy-creation. It is also included in the CIC-database, so maybe you should do some more research into this. ;)

Were those rounded parts in the original model? Well, even if they weren't, they're a nice Demon tribute. :p Good job guys.

You mean those near the cockpit on the front part of the engine pods, or those round bulbs on the wings? They are both on the ofiginal Razor.

Indeed they are, my memory needed some refreshing. Nevertheless, they don't look as rounded there, and I like your interpretation better. Brings back memories of Privateer and Armada.

Edit: I meant the ones near the cockpit, which remind me of the Priv Demon/Misc Armada Ship #4.

Yeah, but in the old mesh this part was more a horrible mesh-error than a feature
(another one of this faces only visible from certain directions)

Mmm, cannon fodder. :p Do we get to fly this in the sim, at least?

Excellent model, BTW. The rounded parts really do look ace.

My little Razor as cannonfodder *snief*
Well about the model...its based upon the original mesh so it should have the right proportions.

SpaceDrake said:
Mmm, cannon fodder. :p Do we get to fly this in the sim, at least?

As a FREDer, let me answer that one: not exactly. I can set up a mission where you fly one, but the sim in FS2 works differently than the one in WCP/SO.

Our sim simply runs missions. They're built like normal missions, but the campaign editor isn't used to 'bind' them into a campaign. A lot of mission testing goes on this way, actually, in the FS2 community at large. It's much easier to build the campaign file once than have to adjust it constantly.

In any case, no, but, once you have the model and table files, you can use FRED to introduce the ship into a mission as a player's ship. It's more complicated than normal FS2 work like that is, but quite easy.

Now that I look at it, actually, does anyone notice a similarity between this and a Bearcat?

And Moonsword, thanks for the clarification.

SpaceDrake said:
Now that I look at it, actually, does anyone notice a similarity between this and a Bearcat?
Yes, they're both space fighters!

Seriously, I don't see it :p.

Moonsword said:
Our sim simply runs missions. They're built like normal missions, but the campaign editor isn't used to 'bind' them into a campaign. A lot of mission testing goes on this way, actually, in the FS2 community at large. It's much easier to build the campaign file once than have to adjust it constantly.

My FS2 missions never get the chance to become campaigns. (The one i made today migth, though.) I't always ends up with me pressing delete while saying some rather nasty things. :(

I could never have worked on a mod. :(

Eh, I've worked on a dozen mods that went invariably down the toilet, but do you see me give up? ;)

Back