Razor - Pirate Fighter

Cyberion

Master of Orion
Hello there guys.

It's been a while since my last post here in 3D modeling field. Was kinda busy in real life. But never forgot about modeling, so I tried to enhance the skills when I had free time.

Now that I have opportunity to work more on modeling I decided to finally finish what I always wanted - Razor Pirate Fighter High-res 3D model.

So, I started modeling. In this thread I'll post my progress on this model. And so far the first picture. Not much I know. But hey... in few minuets while I progress there will be more.

razorcybshowoff01fz0.jpg

Engine Part with Fuselage.

razorcybshowoff02cu5.jpg

EDIT:

Ok here is some wings.

razorcybshowoffwv2.jpg

EDIT 2:

Well decided to change the wings a bit, so they look more like wings and not like boxes.

razorcybshowoff2ng4.jpg

razorcybshowoff21nd6.jpg

I'm using Lightwave 3D.

Always did and always will. It's just too cool, to switch to something else hehehe.

Lightwave 3D?! Someone who has brains! Hats off to you bud! Death to MAX.. Rawr! :p

Its good work mate. Theres a cirtain BSG Viper look to the nose which is quite cool. Do you plan on doing any polygon detailing/greebling or are you going the texture way?

Thx bro, indeed death to MAX ~~~

I was going to do polygon nurnies. However may add some small textures here and there to give some needed rusty look.

Ahh yes.

Indeed there needs to be some texturing to get rid of the plain-ness. I was thinking along the lines of hull plating. Dont know if you have vertibevel but its a crackin tool for that sort of stuff.

Whichever way you go, cant wait to see it. Good luck mate.

Hey - lay off of MAX. :D Looking really good so far, Cyberion! I do hope you end up modeling all the details - there's plenty of awesome stuff to detail in on this one.

well since Howard posted here, on a second thought, maybe MAX is not that bad ;) :D

Nice to see you post in here bro. I'll try to model as good as I can. I'm doing a lot of refining and adjustments in order to give it a real original Razor look and add details, which low poly WC ships lack. In terms of science, have to research what is actually needed for the space ship and what is actually can be used for Razor to keep it a WC Razor hehe ;)

So i'll try to be gentle to this one. Slow, but precise. After all it's not only a modeling project, it's a challenge project for my skills.

Btw, here is a small update. Not sure about Top Engine Modules.

Here are two versions. Image 1 has longer Engine Modules, which in my opinion look better and more technologically right. However original Razor's Top Engine Modules are shorter, so by default I should stick to those (Image 2). I wonder what does the community think about this? Which one I should keep?

IMAGE 1
razorcybshowoff3rt6.jpg

IMAGE 2
razorcybshowoff4ov9.jpg

Personaly I prefere the second one. The longer engines are also good looking but they make the design look a bit heavy and IIRC the Razor was just a light fighter.

Anyway its an good start and I can't wait to see it finished.

I'd say go straight from the original shape - reserve the awesome improvisational work for the little details. Also - I like the GI stuff you have going on - makes it look like this is something that's sitting on a workbench somewhere.

Back