Delance

Victory, you say?
Well, I'm not sure if everyone has seen those, so here it goes:

wing_commander.jpg

veh_2449.jpg

From here

spaceship2.jpg

From here

I think I still have that edition somewhere in my collection. That one, along with the "Howard and Nester" concerning Maniac Mansion, are my favorites.

overmortal said:
...That one, along with... Maniac Mansion, are my favorites.
Bah, I much prefer "Detox Mansion" by the recently deceased/freshly dead Warren Zevon. Pity he's gone...

I want that life sized model Rapier. Once I finish my aerospace course at Uni I'll turn it into a real one for yas. :cool:

Wow! Rent-a-Rapier!

RAPIER FIGHTER JETS approx.30ft
Hire price from: £2000.00
Available quantity 2

We have two of these space fighter jets, made famous in Wing Commander. Transported on a low loader.

Oh, it's a random Rapier pic thread? Good!

Attachments

• side3.png
    side3.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 172
They've been rent.

I'm not sure they still have any, though - I know at least one of them was sold at auction ($15,000 - I seriously considered it... but the shipping from the UK would have been far too much.)

Bandit LOAF said:
I'm not sure they still have any, though - I know at least one of them was sold at auction ($15,000 - I seriously considered it... but the shipping from the UK would have been far too much.)

Here you have your difference. If it was a tupolev, you could fly it. And it's no wonder you seriously considered it.

Bandit LOAF said:
I have absolutely no idea what this means.

I was referring to the other thread, were we discussed the design process of the tupolev and the rapier. Oh, never mind.

Wanna fly an actual Rapier????????

Couldnt believe there was a website for Wing Commander, just found it through my statistics. The Rapier is ours, although I only have the one left. Yup its from the film, as we supplied a lot of the props during the production in Luxemburg. We are the largest suppliers of Sci Fi props in Europe, supplying and assisting with the publicity of most of the mainstream movies. Take a look at www.weirdandwonderful.com, and before anyone asks, we DONT SELL anything!

There's a Wing Commander fanbase alive out there - even without a new game in recent memory.

Do you have any of the movie graphics? I've been trying to figure out who did things like the posters on the rec room wall.

That full-sized Rapier needs to find its way to Dragoncon. It'd be kinda neat to have one's picture taken next to it (or even in the cockpit, if possible). Especially in a flight suit. That would be pretty sweet indeed. Y'know . . . even though it looks like a penis with wings.

Back