Rachel Coriolis

I don't have any problem with showing such a photo here. As I said: I don't have to hide my body. We'll see whether I can take one this year. I began with it, I'll bring it to that ending.:)
For the photo of our field I don't know whether I have a good one of a sailplane approach. But one of the little towns called Haan which lies beside to our field has some photos of a Helicopter-Flight which were made on a celebration, what we make every year one time...there we also have Pipers and Helis. If they aren't too heavy and the pilots are brave enough, they can also land at our field....Here's the link...it leads you to a photo index (it's in German) and all photos are taken around our field and the nearer airspace...the A46 is a well-knows motorway, where the controlled airspace begins (for those who remember)...Gruiten is a little village next to Haan. If you don't understand something because it's German or whatever,ask me...whoops I remember at the moment if you do...it can be we don't have Internet up from today for the whole week or so...we want to do a Network...so I don't know how long we don't have. But okay, the link:
http://www.haan.de/index.htm?fotos/rundflug/index.htm
It aren't the best photos, but I'll look for better ones.

Nice to see Frosty actually doing something constructive for once...:)

[BTW, Frosty...that was a joke. A JOKE, okay! ARGGGGGH!!! (dives into vat of rhino-flavored jello)]

:) BTW I thought about the photo (approach on our field)...it will nearly impossible to show what you'd like to see, bw_dave.
Such a photo will just rarely be found. Our pilots have other things to do, than to click on a camera on final...and how do you want to hold the camera? You need both hands to fly. Me for ex.. I fly with teacher, but we both have to fly...so you can only have a camera if you're flying as guest...and I always sat as pilot in the machine like most of us (just one time as guest, but not at our home-field). So they fly and don't take photos in the with most difficult phase of the flight... I'll ask for it in the club, but I don't see many chances. Approach from the field seen, there we've got enough. But even I got only one time the chance to take photos in flight...that was at our summer-travel last year...but there I flew with in an unknown machine with an unknown flight teacher.There aren't the trees on the photo you'd like to see...but the photos are also nice. If you'd like to I could put in some other pics of the club...we also have a homepage, but I was there today (it was updated) and there aren't any photos...it's poor.

Originally posted by Manjana
. If you don't understand something because it's German or whatever,ask me...whoops I remember at the moment if you do...it http://www.haan.de/index.htm?fotos/rundflug/index.htm
It aren't the best photos, but I'll look for better ones.

That is a nice picture of the trees (They are quite high actually)

For all non German speaking people:

GO onto the site referred to by Manjana

Then click onto "Bild - Segelflugplatz"

This should show a picture of the place

Good fun! 'Good photos of the trees!':D
I wish there were no ones, that nobody could takt a photo of them... Isn't that a normal wish? But in the local newspaper the citizens of Hilden were angry (letters to show their opinions), that some trees were felled, to give us a better approach...they all understood wrong. The trees are replanted but held low in steps...so next to the field-frontier we'll only have six metre-high trees...juchhu! But a longer runway will we never get...:( But unfortunately they all think and so they're angry...
It looks funny, doesn't it? I mean you get an imagination why we think after a longer flight when we come back: 'What there should I land? Never!'

Originally posted by Sonntag

For all non German speaking people:

GO onto the site referred to by Manjana

Then click onto "Bild - Segelflugplatz"

This should show a picture of the place
Hubschrauber!! Helicopter!! :D
All my German is coming back!! :)

What a pity...

Originally posted by Manjana
:) BTW I thought about the photo (approach on our field)...it will nearly impossible to show what you'd like to see, bw_dave.
Such a photo will just rarely be found. Our pilots have other things to do, than to click on a camera on final...

Fair enough - I can understand that. I'm used to having a few passengers with me when I go flying, and there is nearly always one with a camera! So I guess I wasn't really thinking about the differences in a 2-seat glider :)

Thanks for the photos though - they give a pretty good idea of what its like. Its always good to actually get a look at something you've only pictured in your head.

I should see if I can get some photos of some of our local spots for you if you're interested.

Back