Quick question....

Ladiesman^

Spaceman
About the C.A.G. in WCP....

(this might be in the ICIS manual, but as my WCP didn't come with one, I don't have it....so it may be a VERY easy question to answer....)

What exactly was her job? Am I right in assuming that since the Midway had 3 Fighter Wings, a Colonel is in charge of each wing and the C.A.G. is in charge of all of them?

Little stupid question, I know, but that just suddenly dawned on me...

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
About the C.A.G. in WCP....

... Am I right in assuming that since the Midway had 3 Fighter Wings, a Colonel is in charge of each wing and the C.A.G. is in charge of all of them?

You got it, Johnny...
To be more precise, the same is true of ANY CAG (not just on the Midway); they oversee the operations of ALL fighter wings on a given installation (be it a base or a carrier), and are the immediate superior to whom all individual Wing Commanders report.

The Wing Commander (or Squadron Commander, if you want to use Prophecy terms) can be filled by someone with the rank of Major or higher, not just Colonels.

I do not believe that there is any rank requirement for commanding a squadron, but the commander must be one of the higher-ranked or more-experienced members of the squadron--you will not see Lieutenants commanding Majors except in very special cases where the Squadron commander is a prodigy such as when Stilleto commands the Diamondbacks at the start of WCP.

What was Blairs status on that ship? Was he just along for the ride, since he was a part of the Midways creation? (been awhile since I played WCP)

He was an advisor overseeing Midway's test cruise. He wasn't actually attached to her chain of command.

Originally posted by Ijuin
I do not believe that there is any rank requirement for commanding a squadron, but the commander must be one of the higher-ranked or more-experienced members of the squadron--you will not see Lieutenants commanding Majors except in very special cases where the Squadron commander is a prodigy such as when Stilleto commands the Diamondbacks at the start of WCP.

The Diamondbacks is a rookie squadron (or it is a wing ?)

But surely were some pilots above Stiletto (in the rank ;) inside the squadron or others from others squadrons) that could have been the leaders of the Squadron, with better experience than her.

Originally posted by Ghost
But surely were some pilots above Stiletto (in the rank ;) inside the squadron or others from others squadrons) that could have been the leaders of the Squadron, with better experience than her.

Is it ever specified how long Stilleto had been flying before she was put in command of the squadron?

Originally posted by Ijuin

if i remember correctly the Israli air force uses the person with the most combat experence is leader. if a 2nd lt has more exp than a captain then the lt is commander of the unit.

Back