Quick Question

15 years in uni... fark, that's half your life gone already, just in education. For that reason I'm debating wether or not I want to complete a Masters or PhD.

Originally posted by Lunatic
Sorry this isn't related to WC, but I got nobody else to ask.

When you apply to college, do you get your SAT score report and send it in with your application, or do you call up the College board and get them to send it to the school? These damned applications have got me all confused!

THere's a move afoot (maybe it's already taken hold?) to can the SAT's, or at least to not require them for college entry anymore (I forget which) Check on this first, I'd think.

Personally, I'm going to join The Academy and then jump ship to join the Rebellion. :D

Originally posted by mpanty
Extra-curricular activities within your high school though (e.g. Yearbook making, providing studying support for inferior classes, bake sales to raise funds) are often put in your high school transcript...

Myself... :cool:

I've never seen a transcript with any of those things on it.

Ever see a transcript from an I.B. (International Baccalaureate) school? The type of activities I described belong to the "CAS" category of I.B. (C.A.S. = Creativity Action Service), a feature which is compulsory to obtain the diploma...

Though they don't appear on the diploma itself, unis getting I.B. grades sent from Geneva know the student in question undertook such kind of extra-curricular activities...

That's pretty much how it goes everywhere here. Some courses require you to take an entry exam, but you can mostly pick anything you like.

In Argentina the majority of the University are Public and free, you only need to do the CBC (Common Basic Cycle), and later you can choose you career.

Back