Questions for the WC Fans(Sorry if this is not direct enough for a Thread)

I'm working on a Wing Commander Board Fleets style RPG.

If any of you have been/go to SGN you should know what I'm talking about. I have a few questions on what I should incorperate a few questions.

1: Should I incorperate the Privateer 2 ships?

2: Should I allow Civilians(Privateers, Freelancers, Merchents, ect)?

Ok, A few more things

1: Would any of you prehaps be interested in helping me balance the ships?

2: If you have any custom ship designs youd like to see in Action, Let me know, either by posting here its stats and such or PMing them to me.

Thanks for your time

Privateer 2 ships should only be included if your game is taking place more than a hundred years after Secret Ops.

TheUnforgiven said:
I'm working on a Wing Commander Board Fleets style RPG.

If any of you have been/go to SGN you should know what I'm talking about. I have a few questions on what I should incorperate a few questions.

1: Should I incorperate the Privateer 2 ships?

2: Should I allow Civilians(Privateers, Freelancers, Merchents, ect)?

Ok, A few more things

1: Would any of you prehaps be interested in helping me balance the ships?

2: If you have any custom ship designs youd like to see in Action, Let me know, either by posting here its stats and such or PMing them to me.

Thanks for your time
I have no experience with the system, but based on common sense and what I DO know about the WC series, I'll lend a hand.

1.No, I don't think P2 ships should be allowed...most of peoples' favorites would end up obsolete (P2 happens much after SO)
2.Yeah, civilians would be a pretty good idea to put in.

As for the other 2, I can't help, I just really have no experience...

I'd like Border Worlds to be available to pick as well. I just love the Banshee, oh, and it'd be nice to put the Dragon in as well (make it really expensive, just for balancing)

Its not a Mod. Its a Message Board style RPG

You post Turn Reports for what you want or Ships/Fleet to do for that turn, you fight, do missions, collect money and ect.

I will be moving the game along through the Timeline from the Start of the war all the way up to Secret Ops or Privateer 2.

Alrighty, Civilians are in

For the ship designs, I need some Kilrathi ship designs for After the Kilrathi War(In case they end up winning the war instead of the Confed) and a bunch of Civilian ships to move through the era's.

How the story progresses in the RPG Will be diffrent then the games, I will keep to the story and such in the games and ect but it depends on the players how things will happen.

Edit:
Btw, you can see what a Board Fleets style RPG is like here

http://www.sgnonline.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=95

Civilian ships? Just go through the Privateer 1 ships, and later on into the story, just use old WC1 and WC2, maybe some WC3 (as they'd be hella old by then) ships as the new civvie ships...

Back