Questions for David Ladyman?

Discussion in 'General Wing Commander Chat' started by Bandit LOAF, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Bandit LOAF

Bandit LOAF Long Live the Confederation!

Hey guys! I apologize for the late notice, but if anyone has any questions for David Ladyman (the man responsible for most of the Wing Commander documentation, as well as arranging deals like the Baen novels) then please post them here. We're going to do a live Q&A after work tomorrow to help promote his game Star Traders.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/239709734/star-traders

2. Dundradal

Dundradal Frog Blast the Vent Core!

What were some of the inspirations for the documents and story lines? Was he a reader of World War II books? I'm curious to know what sources were used as inspiration.

What was his creative process for documentation? When in the development process would he start to map out where the fiction would take the player?

3. NinjaLA

NinjaLA Alex Von T.

This game should get funded if for no other reason than they are donating a copy (for a $40) pledge to childrens' charities. seriously folks.. even if you don't need one yourself.. help a child get a little joy in their lives.

4. cff

cff Kilk'dymga'qith laq Ik'vikvi

Uh oh... that could actually get the project closed by KS. Its against their terms of service to to any form of charity via the system...

5. Mindcrime

Mindcrime Captain

Hello David!
    Big fan here. Thanks to you we all still love collecting these old pc game boxes with all the goodies.
    So out of all the WC games you worked on what was the thing u are proudest of doing? Any specific documentation you really loved? Kilrathi Saga perhaps? Would love to hear about it. Take care and thanks for everything!

6. Mindcrime

Mindcrime Captain

Oh.....i see I'm too late to the party lol. Nvm

centaurianmudpig likes this.