Questions about 'stacking", etc.

Very interesting game, required a lot of "homework" to get into it but fun, finally, to play. Although I go way back, way before WC original, missed the entire series for some reason although I played/play most of the other 'space" games, now limited to OSX versions.

Anyway, couple of questions.

Do the EMC packages stack or is package three at 75% the max I can get there?

Is it better to sell the upgrades off the Tarsus before trading on a Galaxy or doesn't it make any difference?

Does adding the cargo expansion affect the handling of the ship? Reason that I ask that is that in an earlier game effort I had a lot of probs hitting the opposition and I had a cargo expansion whereas in the recent effort, no expansion but I am popping the Talons pretty consistantly and getting one every once in a while with only one torp plus the guns.

Of course could be that I am getting better or have a better combo, meson/mass driver plus torps.

I am playing with an MS optical wired mouse and haven't needed a joy stick since way back in the DOS days.

silverpelican said:
Do the EMC packages stack or is package three at 75% the max I can get there?
75% is max.

Is it better to sell the upgrades off the Tarsus before trading on a Galaxy or doesn't it make any difference?
Despite the fact that the sound (ripped from the original game) mentions trading, that doesn't actually happen in the Remake. Since you can own multiple ships, if you buy a Galaxy, your Tarsus sits there waiting for you. If you have no need for it, you should stip it of upgrades and then sell it (for a measly 9000 credits).

Does adding the cargo expansion affect the handling of the ship?
Not to my knowledge.

silverpelican said:
Does adding the cargo expansion affect the handling of the ship?

You should check the ship info section for acceleration in gravities. If you add an expansion your acceleration goes down a bit. It is noticeable, but then you can always buy the multi-thrust enhancer to counteract most the extra weight.

Back