Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladiesman^

Spaceman
I don't want to start anything here, because really I don't feel strongly about the situation. BUT, here's something i've noticed.

I think alot of people are being hyppocrites. Here's what I mean. The CIC guys HATE the idea of abandonware. You can't download the old games because Origin might want to release them again.

Ok..

So what about End Run? Everyone seems to like the idea of having End Run distributed freely. What if Baen books wants to start reprinting it? It's the same principle, just a book this time.

So why if getting old games for free is bad, getting old books for free isn't?

Like I said, I don't want to be lynched out of the CZ, I just thought i'd bring up this topic. If you can prove me wrong (LOAF, I know you can, you ALWAYS do), please do. Maybe there's just something I don't understand.

Ladiesman, you made a very good point and I completely agree with what you're saying. That's it. No "however"s or "but"s this time. I simply agree. After all, he's right. :)

Opened for the requested explanation: Baen has specifically announced (it's posted to their web site...) that they will *not* reprint End Run -- I don't necessarily agree with posting it, but this is reason enough for those on the fence regarding this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back