Question: In Your Opinion, what era...

"our little country can push them around, eh Quarto?"
I wouldn't say pushing us around, manipulate is the better word. Who else uses money we give them to spy on us?
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, MH, I study International Relations, and I find the Middle East as a whole quite... fascinating. Naturally, Israel is one of the focal points. I have to know this stuff.

Hero: All politicians do that
smile.gif
. But only a fool promises to send forces in. That's like saying, "if I'm elected, I'll send you out to die."
smile.gif
Winning a war gives you more votes, but promising a war makes ya lose votes, even in Israel
wink.gif
. Otherwise, Barak wouldna be in power right now.

I actually don't care if we'll go back or not: I'll just do what is asked form me. I have no problam serving during wartime or peacetime. I'm nutral to the situation.
That's a curious attitude, Hero. You mean that if your government suddenly decided to go and invade... say... Egypt, for no particular reason, you'd still be willing to go?

Death's Head: Manipulate, push around... same thing, different methods. But in this case, it's more in the way of "push around" than "manipulate". I mean, the Israeli gov't just has to frown, and Clinton will beg for forgiveness... er... I should say, his I-should-be-a-senator wife will make him beg for forgiveness
biggrin.gif
. She, of course, is desperate for all those valuable Israeli votes and campaign contributions... and she doesn't mind sinking the peace process to get them.

As much as I hate to admit it, some of our foreign affair policies, haven`t been exactly the brightest ideas, and we do tend to overuse our power, but then again, I suppose this is typical Israeli behaviour.
frown.gif

Quarto said:
Hero: All politicians do that
smile.gif
. But only a fool promises to send forces in. That's like saying, "if I'm elected, I'll send you out to die."
smile.gif
Winning a war gives you more votes, but promising a war makes ya lose votes, even in Israel
wink.gif
. Otherwise, Barak wouldna be in power right now.

With some of the people living in Isreal, if someone will promise that, he probably will get allected
frown.gif

That's a curious attitude, Hero. You mean that if your government suddenly decided to go and invade... say... Egypt, for no particular reason, you'd still be willing to go?

Basicly yes, though that kinda move will be the end of Isreal: I'd still rather fight for a lost cause instead of whining about the stupid desicians our leaders do.

"I should say, his I-should-be-a-senator wife"
No, you should not say that. Don't get me started on that...person. It would only lead to hours and hours of me pointing out the finer illegal an immoral activites.
Of course, I couldn't do it here, if half the truths were common knowledge, the only votes she would get would be from women and minorities...wait a minute
biggrin.gif

Hero said:
Basicly yes, though that kinda move will be the end of Isreal: I'd still rather fight for a lost cause instead of whining about the stupid desicians our leaders do.

The only problem with this hypothetical situation, is that it`s purely hypothetical.
This would never happen for no apparent reason, and even if there weren`t a reason to go to war with Egypt, we`d find a reason and we`d make it look as if we haven`t got a choise (as I stated before).
No matter what people think, you can`t make your soldiers fight a war they don`t believe in and actually expect to win.

Back