Question for WC war vets...

O.K., and the surprising conclusion of this debate is:
the game that gaves us the more quality playing hours was... PRIVATEER ! Followed closely by... WC1 and WC2 !
Ain't that nice...

I've never played Privateer... I have a copy, but it doesn't work. Something about the priv.exe file I think... "error loading executable"...

the scim wasn't a particularly pleasant fighter. Well I didn't think so, but then neither was the rapier. it's shields were nice if ur crap like me

couldn't u afterburn through minefields

[Abandonware never existed]

i apologise for my previous message, i've now regained partial control over syntax which i lost thanks to being tired and things

[Edited by Quarto on 03-01-2001 at 20:43]

*I* care. Posting links to any warez or abandonware sites isn't allowed on this board, especially when it concerns WC games.

Nice work whoever is editing our messages...

Whoever that is, if it is someone from administration (you Earthworm?), please DELETE the message instead of making us say things we did not...

[Edited by mpanty on 03-01-2001 at 18:40]

(Preaching ensues)

On the whole, there are many games I really couldn't care less about. Warez just doesn't apply to them in my mind. I'm not going to list examples because I'll be flamed.

But there are two things I'll never Warez.

Anything Rogue Software makes. (They need money!!!)

And anything Wing Commander.

Firstly, a good 60% of why I buy the game is so I can get the manuals and the boxes. I have every box and manual from every Wing Commander game ever released, save for Privateer and Armada, which I couldn't afford until they were released on CD. (And thus, had the manuals in PDF format.)

Why would anybody want to steal a WC game? In the case of Kilrathi Saga, I understand. It's gone. I don't condone, but I understand.

Every copy of Prophecy Gold that sells now... it's a message to Origin that people still care.

Any time anybody goes to the SecretOps website and registers, it lets Origin know that people still care.

Anytime a new Source code release project is sent... Origin knows that people still care. They won't do it, but they know.

Why would anybody want to steal something they love, when they know damn well that they're hurting their chances of getting more?

oops
ur right

sorry for posting that i should probably have read all of the rules, but everyone know's that best way of making something work is to plough ahead wait til you mess up then read what to do. or is that just the male way?

anyway it was lame

sorry

Originally posted by Shooter
O.K., and the surprising conclusion of this debate is:
the game that gaves us the more quality playing hours was... PRIVATEER ! Followed closely by... WC1 and WC2 !
Ain't that nice...
I have absolutely to agree, only that I would give WC1 the first place. It was/is the greatest game ever released, it had everything and it started the series.

hmmm no i think what Shooter just about adds things up, P1 REALLY was a great game, to fly around freely in the WC univers, that just about all a wingnut can dream of.

WC3/4 was also great when you could chose how you react towards a sertain person; leaving you as Blair the nice guy, blair the assholl, Blait the assguy, or even blair the nice holl;)

WCP did have a lot of missions, but that's about it (great game tho;))

Originally posted by LividLiquid
Any time anybody goes to the SecretOps website and registers, it lets Origin know that people still care.
How exactly would that be? It just tells them that there are people who still haven't tried SO and want to download the first episode...

I'd love to try Secret Ops...too bad (1 It takes forever to locate it (2 I didn't have the bandwith to get it even when I did find it (3 I don't feel like purchasing Prophecy again.

Although, for a person like me, searching for an old Gold box may be the only option...

Back