Question about the past of the "Borderworlds"

Valkyrie

Spaceman
Hi there :),

I´ve just read some history stuff about the Wing-Commander universe, so I´m slightly informed about it. But now I´ve a question which is not answered in my source, and I couldn´t find anything more about it.

I know that the "borderworld boundary" was formed from (or was it a co-existence between "borderworld" and "landreich" ? What happened to it? ) an old "Free Republic" ( or something like that? ) called "Landreich". The former president of the "Landreich" had the name "Maximilian Hans Kruger".

"Landreich" is a german word, and "Maximilian Hans Kruger" is a german name, too.
Since I´m german, I´m really interested in this story. Are there any more informations about this "Landreich"-stuff available? And when "yes", where? Maybe in one of the WC-books written by Ben Ohlander and his co-writers?

I only found this ( http://www.dougie.uk.com/kruger.html ), but there are only very rare informations.

Thanks for help in advance!! :)

Well your source is a little off.
The Border Worlds Union and the Landreich are two separate entities that exist, at the same time, along the border with the Kilrathi Empire. The Landreich is a little more toward the galactic rim, if I remember LOAF's map correctly, while the Border Worlds are directly between Confed and Kilrathi space.
As for historical records I don't think there is very much to go on, except the Landreich and most of that info is in the books.

Also,The Landreich and the BW are allies.During the Crisis between the BW and the Confed ,Landreich provided supplies to the UBW ;)

If you pick up a copy of I think its WC: False Colors (It may be one of the other ones, I'm not sure), it goes into a little more detail on the Landreich. I'm thinking of the one where Bear, Tolwyn, and Richards all join the Landreich.

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
If you pick up a copy of I think its WC: False Colors (It may be one of the other ones, I'm not sure), it goes into a little more detail on the Landreich. I'm thinking of the one where Bear, Tolwyn, and Richards all join the Landreich.

C-ya

Yeah they did that twice. In Fleet Action they joined up during the armistice, but later rejoined Confed. In False Colors they rejoined for various reasons, Tolwyn was trying to bolster the border forces prior to the Black Lance Incident and I think Bear was R.I.F.ed and joined for the paycheck. Of course in the end Tolwyn went back to Confed and Bear stayed with the Landreich.

Originally posted by Shaggy
Tolwyn was trying to bolster the border forces prior to the Black Lance Incident and I think Bear was R.I.F.ed and joined for the paycheck. Of course in the end Tolwyn went back to Confed and Bear stayed with the Landreich.

Tolwyn was on what he called a 'fact finding mission' and to get out of confed for a while while 'things' got in place. Bear wasn't RIF'ed, he put in for retirement before the navy could RIF him, and he joined up with the landreich cause the navy was the only thing he's known for his whole adult life

Hi again,

thank you all for the answers!! :) So BW and Landreich are/were seperate entities and also allied.

I think I should purchase "WC-False colors" and the other books. But they are very expensive and hard to get here. Want to know what Tolwyn did there...;)

Originally posted by Valkyrie
I think I should purchase "WC-False colors" and the other books. But they are very expensive and hard to get here.

you should indeed.

Originally posted by Valkyrie

I think I should purchase "WC-False colors" and the other books. But they are very expensive and hard to get here.

Yeah. Here in Austria, it's hard to get them too. I even ordered them three times over the internet, but they never showed up.(!)

Back