Question about the bombing of Confed HQ

maestro876

Spaceman
I don't have my copy of Fleet Action with me, and I need the info for a story I'm working on.

Does anyone remember the details of the bombing that occurred on Earth just before the armistice broke down?

Like, when did it happen in relation to the armistice officially being broken off, the name of the Kilrathi who did it, where exactly it happened, who was killed, and how Duke survived?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Its been a while but if I recall correctly, it was a suicide bombing by the Kilrathi Ambassador who was at Confed HQ when word came down that the truce was fake.

The bombing was part of Prince Thrakhath's plan to decapitate the Confed military command prior to his offensive to Sol.

Ambassador Vak'ga had an anti-matter mine implanted in his chest prior to his stationing on Earth. He received a message from Thrakhath calling for him to call a session of the Confed Joint Chiefs of Staff and some of the more important Fleet Admirals and detonate the mine during the meeting. The cover for the meeting was to complain about truce violations.

Duke Grecko survived because he stormed out of the meeting prior to Vak'ga detonating the mine. A pillar nearby took the brunt of the explosion, however Duke lost his artificial arm, which also shielded him. He originally lost the arm during the Battle of Vukar Tag.

The JCS, including Admiral Banbridge, were killed as a result of the explosion and Duke became the new JCS with Tolwyn in charge of the 3rd Fleet (Banbridge's old command).

Hope that helps.

Back