Q about Maniacs sign

lorddarthvik

Spaceman
Did Maniac have any special insignia, something personal, like a wasp painted under his cockpit, or sumthing??? Im interested cause i have Maniac as my callsign in an online Il-2Sturmovik game squadron. (as there is no such thing in WC enviroment yet :(

Hmm. In the movie his fighter had nose art of a little gremlin creature. You can see it in this postcard:

originm3.jpg

If you want that, I can probably dig up a better scan of it later. Other than that, I can't really think of anything. I guess the Heart of the Tiger novelization claims he has a "colorfully painted helmet"...

Last edited by a moderator:
lorddarthvik said:
Did Maniac have any special insignia, something personal, like a wasp painted under his cockpit, or sumthing??? Im interested cause i have Maniac as my callsign in an online Il-2Sturmovik game squadron. (as there is no such thing in WC enviroment yet :(

hey cool, i'm flying for the Hell - Hounds in this game, what's the name of your Squad ?
(quite a bit OT- i know, i'm sorry)

I always thought that one of the novels went into encyclopedic detail as to how Maniac got his callsign.

Although, to my recollection, one of the old time instruction manuals said that he got it from his peers in training due to his flying style.

Back