Punisher Movie

Spartan689

Rear Admiral
I think Chris Roberts might have a winner. I have seen the tv trailers for the Punisher and it actually looks pretty good. Of course we'll have to wait and see. Anyone else see the trailer yet?

I was very excited about the movie when it was first announced (Punisher was about the only comic book I habitually read growing up and I think Thomas Jane is a very underated actor) but the first preview I saw in movie theaters kindof turned me off. The more trailers I see, though, the more I'm warming back up to it. I don't think its gonna be blockbuster like the past few comic book movies, but I believe it'll make a respectable chunk of change.

C-ya

Chris Roberts is doing the movie?

Well, as long as it's better than the one with Lundgren, it'll be fine.

Oh, I fortunately know what a producer does, but thanks for the info.

Nice to know what he´s up to. I've been out of the loop lately.

He should keep trying to make WC movies and TV series. He gives up far too easly. Hey, perhaps he can make the pilgrims come back during WC3.

Bandit LOAF said:
He's a producer, which means he helped arrange financing for the movie.

As he is well known for his financial wizardy on Wing Commander 4 and the Wing Commander movie :)

To an extent, yes - he did get millions and millions of dollars for both projects (and continued to convince investors to spend more when both projects went over budget).

I wonder me, where he gets all his money to finance it. I don't believe, "WC"-Movie made him rich. :/

The job of a producer isn't to give people money - it's to arrange for money to be given to them. He'd contact people he knows in Hollywood and ask them to support the movie. (That said, I'm sure Chris Roberts has a fair amount of money...)

It's not very common for producer to finance the moving using their own pockets, at least not fully.

Delance said:
Are comic books just that good or is hollywood just dry and out of imagination?
They can sure be fun, but it doesn't translate to film. Fanboys won't let that stop them from getting their hopes up and spending money to see the movies, though, only to run back home to their computers and post thousands of irate rants on related messageboards. "HOW COULD THEY HAVE DONE SUCH A THING TO [insert name of superhero/supervillain/just all-around kickass dude here]?!?!?!?!!?"

I wonder what a Cerebus movie would look like? ;)

(in case you don't know Cerebus, he is a cross between Conan and an aardvark)

Back