PUBLICITY SCREENSHOTS (bandwidth warning!)

JKeefe

Spaceman
These are all high-quality JPEGs, 1600x1200
Shots were taken with 6x Temporal Anti-aliasing, 16x Anisotropic Filtering on a Radeon 9800 Pro

Game options:
Display Lists
Extreme Detail
1600x1200
Refelctive Per Pixel Lighting
32Bit Color Fullscreen

tarsus1.jpg

tarsus2.jpg

tarsus3.jpg

tarsus4.jpg

tarsus5.jpg

Looks quite good, though it'd be neat to smooth the jagged edges of the lowres cockpit graphics.

The engine glows color fading should be smoother, IMO , and more aqua-blue. And it's clearly visible that those are on a 2d plane glued to the ship. Is it possible to make their plane always face the player to avoid that?

Mining station needs another tile texture, this one looks strange...the armor plating should be more subtle. And IIRC the large armored surfaces were broken up into smaller pieces by thin areas exposing some machinery or something.

The shine effect on that Stiletto is really wierd, it looks like it's wrapped into plastic foil

Otherwise, it looks great, especially the space stations and stiletto textures.

One question: Where did you get the Broadsword textures from?

we could change it to some parts of the stiletto are more reflective than others or something...they seem to look fine in game--just shiny

I may turn down the reflectiveness of all items in game

the larger the screenshot, the worse those cockpits look lol. Great for showing the ship models though.

And I'm surprised by how shiny the ships look on these shots.. I'm not seeing anything like that here.

depends on the system...bright systems like oxford and eden can look pretty dang shiny...

perhaps darkening the realy light backgrounds or removing them altogether is an option for the final 1.0

Here's a shot of a stiletto in Oxford as it looks on my computer. I'm not getting any of this wrapped in saran wrap effect, the reflections are quite muted (and I rather prefer how I'm seeing it). This is with the default config file..

Attachments

• stiletto.jpg
    stiletto.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 261
MamiyaOtaru said:
the larger the screenshot, the worse those cockpits look lol.
Also, the higher game resolution:desktop resolution ratio is, the worse they look on screen.

I took them at 1600x1200 in-game, and they look fine. In this thread, I'm viewing them at 1280x960, and they don't look so good, because they're bigger now than they were in-game. If you'reviewing them @ 1024x768 or even 800x600, they probably look horrendous. Confine 'em to 21" diagonal again and they look fine.

More shots tomorrow.

Excellent! :) keep up the good work JKeefe... your screenshots along with whatever people post here will become the cornerstone of what is presented in the Screenshots screen... You might want to turn reflection down to Specular highlights without reflection maps--since they look less like foil

as for your screenshots veangence... I like the gladius ones..but the ones from the interior of the gladius might make ppl think this is armada instead of priv...so we should stick to pix of the basic four :) other than that, nice selections...I may crop 'em so they really look like they're from the view of a tarsus

Hey, I still want to know where you got those Broadsword textures. I did them, and I can't remember releasing them.

The model came from the XWA TC. It was quite green at the time, and as I remember, one of our guys color edited it to match privateer's grey and blue thing.

Looking back at the various versions we have though, I guess I'm not entirely sure. On the left is the XWA texture. Middle, guess I don't remember where that came from :( (the date on the file is 2000, it was a long time ago) and on the right is what I was told was a color edited version of the middle, though looking at the side by side it seems a bit more than just a color edit, not to mention the model is a tad different. gah

Attachments

• broadswords.jpg
    broadswords.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 217
If you did the texture we'd be quite happy to add you to the credits...could you enlighten us as to who did the model.

I have no idea who got it back in 2k...it's possible it was requested by DMJC for use in Wing Commander Universe (which is an extension of this project)...I don't personally remember going after the broadsword... but 2k was 5 years back...

Anyhow what name(s) do you want us to put under 3d modelling :)

Back