Proton Torpedoes

for technical reasons the shield generator domes might have to be located outside.

Also, storylinewise all these gigantic warsie constructions have a weak spot, the star destroyer had the domes, the death star has the exhaust, and the ship that
led the attack on the nabuu had some way to fly across through the hull and blow
up it's generator.

So from a certain point of view, because StarWars ships use 'hyperspace' to travel, they are actually faster than Trek ships.

How would they perform in true combat?

i believe the enterprise to be far more manouverable then a star
destroyer, but still, my favor would go to the star destroyers, i would just unleash
it's full complement of fighters and give the enterprise to much targets to handle

I think the tiger's claw vs a star destroyer would be a better match-up
(the concordia or midway would just fire it's PTC/plasma weapon and be
done with it)

How would they perform in true combat?... i believe the enterprise to be far more manouverable then a star destroyer...
hehe, careful... this can so easely degrade into "THE ARGUMENT" ;)

Ghost said:
If those are really the shield generators i think that Blissex was pretty stupid or drunk to put that sensible piece of equipment so exposed to attacks.
I should put the generators buried inside the ship, beneath tons. of armor.

First off, its a movie. When they designed the Star Destroyer, they weren't thinking in tactical terms. They said, "oh, this looks cool, let's do that". There was probably no use for those domes until the film makers needed some weakness for the Rebels to concentrate on.

Dyret said:
The thing i can't understand is why the shield generators arent shielded...

They are shielded. SW shields work differently. In SW, if you concentrate enough fire on one spot of the shields, you can open up gaps in the shield. The Rebel Fighters just targeted the generator and kept firing until the shields failed in that area, then they pounded the generator itself.

On that note, I'm done with this thread due to the all too common path it is taking. :rolleyes:

Actually, Sarty, it won't be going that path for long, if the posters in question know what's good for them.

Please re-read the rules, gentlemen, especially Rule #3.

Even ignoring the stupid flamefests that Vs threads kick off, for a moment, comparing apples to oranges will never give an accurate picture. Not only the technology but the physics of the respective universes are different, so there's not really any point of comparison to hang a discussion on (let alone the far more common flame wars).

good point I also don't like these threads geting into areas of psuedo scince, becuse these techs we are speaking about are imagenary and some times there is questionable physicis behind them Iwould recomend taking the V threds to a dedicated flame board which this page http://stardestroyer.net/toc.html has over descusing it here.

Back