Prophecy, XP and movies

NiksaVel

Spaceman
Hello all,

I have a problem with running the Prophecy movies under XP.

I put hardware acceleration to none and compatibility to 98 and the movies started running at normal speed BUT after a few seconds of playing the movie freezes and hangs. I can alt tab to windows and than return which starts to movie again for a few seconds until it freezes again.

Help please.

thanks in advance
NiksaVel

Do you have a SB Live!-card? GeForce? Well, I suppose there's some strange things going on with DirectX 8, but I think it worked for me.

I have a similar problem. The movies jerk and don't flow nicely. Sound is fine, the video just jerks. I have a GeForce II 32mb video card and a SB Audigy Platinum.

not for me, I have reinstalled XP like 3 times... still no luck. Believe me I would really have noticed if the videos were back to the way they were before XP.

I think he already tried that.

Originally posted by NiksaVel
I put hardware acceleration to none and compatibility to 98 and the movies started running at normal speed BUT after a few seconds of playing the movie freezes and hangs.

i have that same problem

i also have these problems, i have tried to fix it but the movies nd audio skip around very well, i can barely get the story, i mean its not worth playing if you cant understand whats going on, if anyone has any advice id love to hear it, im running win 98 2nd edition, and i have a geforce 2 video card, maybe prohp just does not like geforce 2's:confused:

Back