Prophecy Sim Mission 6

CoachMark

Spaceman
I've been playing Prophecy for over 2 years now on and off, and generally have little trouble winning, but I have never had any luck with this mission, except at rookie. It keeps ending before I can return to the Midway, and says I have lost, despite having kills of at times over 130!!! I have tried killing the corvettes at the start of the nav point arrival, and at the end after killing all the fighters, all with no luck. I have tried hitting the "N" key and flying to the marker, but the next marker does not appear until all Cat wings are killed, so I am stuck. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

Err... that's a never-ending gauntlet. The purpose is to kill as many enemy fighters in the time alloted. You aren't supposed to go back home <G>

Well, here's how it goes:
You kill kats in your Vampire while waiting for Maestro to show up in his crappy Pirahna to do a suicide mission so you can get home in time to watch Springer.

Originally posted by Filler
You kill kats in your Vampire while waiting for Maestro to show up in his crappy Pirahna to do a suicide mission so you can get home in time to watch Springer.

Actually, there's a whole string of wingmen who show up, as your kill score gets higher. I guess you're just not that good ;)

Well, if it was multiplayer like it was *meant* to be, I might bother sharpening my skills.

Originally posted by Filler
...and a common craftsman that blames the suppliers.

I charge ye with not recognizing a WCA quote. And not having played the WC multiplayer game that was available to you.

Actually, I think you are referring to sim mission 4, where, in the second 5 minutes, wingmen 1 by 1 show up (sim mission 8 as well). In sim mission 6 there is no help.

Loaf, I guess you must be right about aiming for kill ratios instead of "winning," since I can't win anyway. I just don't like losing, especially in a mission that is not described as not winable. Mark.

Back