Prophecy script, Final

Don

Rear Admiral
Recently i tried to download the 102 page Prophecy (Final) script from the Document Archives. But it just opens a "Page Expired" page as if the content is not available...how come?

P.S. is it the Derek Chester and Corey Simmons written script?

Thank you LOAF.

But the script seems to be unfinished, or might be a only a few number of pages were left out during scanning.

It is *not*. The "Derek Chester" script is entirely fanfic, it has nothing to do with anything Origin ever considered for Prophecy.

How come? Such script does exist as it was written for the WC Prophecy storyline (of course plot references are different i.e. Mantu), but why is it considered fan-fiction OR fake?

Probably because it was fiction created by a fan (you know, the definition of "fan fic"), with absolutely no officialness to it, not to mention never having even existed in the same zip code as Origin's headquarters at the time, let alone in the offices where the Prophecy team was working.

The script does exist, located at wc-aces. Though it titled under their names I still do not no why it is a fan-fic. Unless of course the script is fake and their names used in the title.

Don said:
The script does exist, located at wc-aces. Though it titled under their names I still do not no why it is a fan-fic. Unless of course the script is fake and their names used in the title.

What the hell are you talking about? It's a fan-fic because it was written by some crazy fans and not Origin, or anyone related to an official product in any way.:confused:

The script was written by a fan and submitted to Origin unsolicited. It has nothing to do with the development of Wing Commander Prophecy. Derek and Corey were Wing Commander fans, not Origin employees - they wrote some fanfiction (and it really is very, very clearly fanfic and not a professional script... it's an ugly mash of continuity and not at all interesting).

Some years back there was talk that Prophecy had to be toned down because of budget limitations (which is true, you can see earlier scripts in our archive)... so Derek and Corey posted their fake script online and tricked the Aces Club into thinking it was a genuine article. I have absolutely no idea why Phoenix hasn't taken it down, but the director and producer of Prophecy have both confirmed that their script had nothing to do with the game and was never authorized or read by Origin.

The script was written by a fan and submitted to Origin unsolicited. It has nothing to do with the development of Wing Commander Prophecy. Derek and Corey were Wing Commander fans, not Origin employees - they wrote some fanfiction (and it really is very, very clearly fanfic and not a professional script... it's an ugly mash of continuity and not at all interesting).

Damn. How stupid of me...I can see where i went wrong - completley thinking that this was a formal script written by two origin employees (overzealous fans). How they managed to trick wc-aces into believing it was a "genuine" article...is another question.

Thanks for letting know of this story. I never knew of such revelation until now.

Don't feel too bad. Places like IMDB perpetuate the problem. Some fool put up that fanfiction script under the Wing Commander Prophecy trivia section.

IMBD trivia section is almost a movie wikipedia. But the rest is usually reliable.

What I don't get is the "movie references" list. Since they don't say where or how the movie was referenced, sometimes I have no clue as to what it means.

Back