Prophecy Multiplayer Project Tests Out Team Play (March 21, 2006)

what do you think the top limit for players will be 8? 16? maybe even 32? it would be interesting to be engaged in a major furball...

Dundradal said:
what do you think the top limit for players will be 8? 16? maybe even 32? it would be interesting to be engaged in a major furball...

It might have been on IRC, but I believe HCL said the esixting code has slots for eight teams of two or something like that. So I guess the theoretical max is 16.

that would be pretty logical for the time that the code was originally written.

16 was max for Unreal Tournament and that came out at approximately the same time.

what do you think the top limit for players will be 8? 16?
For the first release, the limit will probably be 8 players.

Will the WCP MP have a permanent record on the web like the Standoff simulator?
Yes, there will be a scoreboard for multiplayer matches :) Kris and I have worked something out on that regard.

Any chance 8 players can play coop and take down half a dozen AI carriers together?

wow it's been almost half a year since this thread started.

With the bday of CiC this week, I guess we finally get to play this :D

I'm not sure we can promise anything like that -- I believe HCl has been pretty busy with real life recently. But, you never know what a day might bring.

Lt.Death100 said:
Well with half a year gone by he must have done something...

HCl has been completely engrossed in his massive phd thesis responsibilities for the last 2-3 months.

Well after playing quite a few games with everybody last night (I still owe Pierre a few missile strikes :) damn him and his panther). I have to say that this is one of the greatest things to happen to our community. We were playing 5 player games (with me on dialup) and it ran beautifully with little to no lag.

The Wasp is an amazing killing machine in MP, as its swarmers are almost an uberweapon. It's also fun to hit the booster pack and blast in and out of the action before anyone can get a lot of shots off on you.

I look forward to engaging you all in honorable combat and hope that we all do our duty.

Words cannot describe how great this day has been. With a test release of HCI's much awaited multiplayer patch already in our hands and famous articles marking one the of greatest games ever to hit our PC shelves (and one of my favourites), this has certainly been a "kick-as" birthday party.

Happy 8th Birthday to CIC

Now...
I humbly ask if anyone would like to join or invite me to a grueling mechanism of space combat? ;)

Maverick's Soul: Implementing something similar to the "room" system you describe is planned... but it has lower priority than several other features, so don't expect it soon. In any case, all you need to do is show up on #wingnut and see who is available for a match. It's the perfect system to set up a game :)

HCl

This isn't a big deal but was curious if there is a way to eliminate having to do ctrl-g when you first go to full guns at the beginning of each round...

Dundradal said:
HCl

This isn't a big deal but was curious if there is a way to eliminate having to do ctrl-g when you first go to full guns at the beginning of each round...

Ctrl-g? Just pressing F goes to full guns.

One thing I noticed is that especially in 3+ player games it would be nice if everyone started slightly farther apart and teams closer to each other. (as if in a wing)

Either way playing tonight was a total blast. It is a lot of fun as is. I'd love to get someone with high bandwidth to host and have a 8 player (4 on 4) game...

Back