Prophecy Hires Movies Upgrade DVD

geisthund

Captain
Okay before I start,

-- disclaimer --
this dvd installer doesn't contain the original Prophecy CDs
------------------

there. Won't make the same mistake I did last time. :p

Anyway I was pretty blown away by the Prophecy DVD quality movies, and by HCLs combined patches. Naturally I'm now replaying the game.

Thanks to several hard disc crashes caused by the European version of Dreamfall (Starforce is evil...) I'm now paranoid enough to be creating easy-install DVDs / CDs of a few of my favourite games.

The Prophecy DVD-quality files take up so much space that I decided to create a disc just for them alone. I'm pretty happy with it.

Essentially it's just a lot of self-extracting ARJ SFX files chained together by a batch file. What it does is to install HCL's two patches to the game directory, then run his install.exe file, and then extract the highres .vob files to the game\movie directory, giving you the option to also install mark smid's video viewer.

It's probably easy enough for most of you to create yourselves, but I was just wondering if you guys here were interested. If so... know anyplace where I can upload 3.04 GB of pure unadulterated high resolution Prophecy goodness? :p

It's sufficient that you post the contents of your .bat file along with instructions to make your own. And I think eventually HCl's patch will let you play the VOBs directly off a DVD, so this would be a complicated way to do things.

okay i think i will :)

is there any way for me to post as a zip file? then i can include the frontend i made, and try to preserve the directory structure, minus all the big files

Back