Prophecy and Logitech Wingman Force

Thomas

Spaceman
I use a Logitech Wingman Force Joystick with WC Prophecy. My problem is that the Wingman profiler will set up fine for Prophecy, but when I run the program, the program preset keys take over and I cannot override. My set keys do not do what I set them to do, they do what the program has set.

The joystick and profiler work fine with all other games.

Anyone else use the same joystick and what have been your experiences? All input welcome and encouraged.

Thanks much

Well, I don't use the same joystick, but I have been looking at that one for a while. How is it?

I use the Wingman Warrior, which has basically the same shape as that joystick. The WingMan software works fine for me (or, at least, it did the last time I had Prophecy installed). What version of WES are you using?

The logitech works just fine. There is no force feedback with Prophecy, so it does not add anything there. However, with other force feedback games (Janes WW II fighters, Rogue Squadron, etc) the effects are quite nice.

I wonder if the problem is that Prophecy is basically a DOS game made to run in windows and just doesn't take advantage of windows.

I had already contacted Logitech about this problem. Their response was basically, they don't know, must be a problem with the program (they were about zippo help). It could also be that this is a digital stick or that I have it connected via USB port.

I am using the latest Wingman Profiler, 3.30 that I downloaded from Logitech. No help there.

I had wanted to use the pedals I got with my Logitech Wingman Formula Force Wheel, but per the response I got from Logitech, their system cannot handle digital pedals with the digital stick. However, analog pedals are supposed to work. I have pedals with my old V3 racing wheel and have yet to try that.

Thanks for any help you can provide. How is your stick hooked up to your computer and is it digital or analog?

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I had two different profiles listed for Prophecy. The first had nothing in it, the second had all my assignments. I had the second one selected, but obviously when I went to play, the system picked up the first with no assignments. I found this out by just eliminating the first profile just as a test and walaa, it works just fine.

For future reference.

Just to let you know, Prophecy is no where near being a DOS game, it depends on the DirectX system calls to run. Without directX it would be unable to take input (uses DirectInput) show video (directdraw, direct3d) play sound (direct sound) or really do anything at all... (if it could run that is
smile.gif
) So Prophecy is definately a fully windows game (unfourtunatly)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
If, by any chance, you're still interested, my joystick is indeed digital and connects through the serial port. The nice thing about it is that it also has another connector that hooks up through a standard game port, allowing me to play DOS games just fine.
smile.gif

Thanks for your input on this guys and sorry for wasting your time.

I have also gotten WC III to run under Win98. I was having a heck of a problem with getting a standard joystick to work right in the game with any digital sound under DOS. The joystick updates were not helping. But now running in a window under Win98, my Joystick problem was solved and the video works right. Go figure. Now to just find the keyboard controls that go with game.

Thomas, it's never a waste of time... Everyone that puts in input does so because they like to help. Don't apologize for asking a question that you end up fixing yourself (and if you apoligize for apoligizing I'll have to get mad
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

<looking both ways to make sure no one is listening>

Shh... if you tell anyone about the viking he just whips harder, and sometimes he pulls out his sword... AAHHHHH

Kind of like what just happened there

smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Back