Prophecy Adv.Glitches

fongsaunder

Spaceman
Okay, Im new here and i got my ProphecyGBA last year. I do not own any other WC games, but I have watched the movie and the cartoon. When I first tried Prophecy GBA, i thought it was superb. Then, I noticed:

Some missions like Bug Hunt and Mine The Jump Point are impossible to win.

The Shrike has a weapon labeled "gun" that fires three rounds that the Devil's Ray uses, with the same sound and refire rate.

CapShip components and wormhole towers are non-targetable.

There is no targeting disc in the mission that you have to throw it at the aliens so the Midway can fire the big plama cannon

There are no Full Guns

Anyway, a good game for the GBA, Ive played flight commander and it was OK except the AI

Ive also noticed:
If you were to crash your fighter (on purpose) multiple times on a capship,you will "jump" far far away form the ship. Once I "jumped" 10 000 kliks away, once other I jumped so far that not even the identification crosshairs nor had visual contact with anything.

Missiles are plain stupid, once I fired an IR towards a Morey when some smart-assed Pirahna came in front and WALLOP! The traitors never win sign came out...:D

The non-targetable components thing is a result of Prophecy GBA reverting to the WC3/4 capship damage model--the whole ship is treated as one big component, since the GBA doesn't have the processing power to handle separately targeted components.

I agree that a Full Guns setting would have been welcome. I never used the Ion guns on the Panther or the Particle guns on the Vampire, because the Tachyon guns were superior.

Ijuin said:
The non-targetable components thing is a result of Prophecy GBA reverting to the WC3/4 capship damage model--the whole ship is treated as one big component, since the GBA doesn't have the processing power to handle separately targeted components.

I agree that a Full Guns setting would have been welcome. I never used the Ion guns on the Panther or the Particle guns on the Vampire, because the Tachyon guns were superior.

The particles are good at close range, I hate the tachyon's it wastes energy.
BTW, Ive gone thru the forums and found a solution to the unwinnable missions glitch...
My fav ship is the Wasp and Pirahna!
P.S. It seems the Wasp has no booster pod and the swarmer pod is named "AB" and fires two missiles at once, its sad it only appears in two missions....

Hey, you're pretty knowlegable of WC gaming standards (component targeting, full guns etc) for someone who never played other WC games :)

Edfilho said:
Hey, you're pretty knowlegable of WC gaming standards (component targeting, full guns etc) for someone who never played other WC games :)

Ive played Flight Commander and observed the CIC for years....
Oh yeah more glitches:
MIRVs arent MIRVs, theyre just a missile.

Whats the diffrence between the two Manta's? Ones Reddish-Brown and one has Yellow Stripes...

The red manta is a torpedo bomber variant. When you see that around, it should be a priority target, as one of the few things that can hurt your home base quickly (though the light plasma guns all mantas carry will eventually kill important capship components, if you give them time).

Ijuin said:

I think a bigger reason is probably just that it's simpler. There's not a lot of screen size to pick out individual turrets and pods and such on ships, and there's not a lot of extra buttons available to switch between subcomponents.

The one big thing is the lack of targeting disc that the game still refers to. There's some other text that tells you what you actually have to do, but people just looking for the targeting disc can get confused.

Whats teh fun of hunting defenseless capships? They ont even seem to fire back, and I seriously hate defend-the-midway missions, who knew that one of two Mantas could cause so much trouble.

Is there a diffrence between the two Mantas when I lock-on, ie the display showing their shields, armor, etc. If Im not mistaken, one of them is called a "Devil's Ray" from .

The Devil's Ray is a different model of fighter--it is faster, better protected, and better armed than the Manta. Be careful because it has protection and weapons equal to the Panther.

No offence, the Panther SUX, i prefer taking the Wasp, Tiger-shark or even the Pirahna out than the Panther, seriously this fighter has been into too many engagements. it's missiles arent even in good variety...

I personally like the Panther a lot. It is the best mid-level fighter in the series, IMO. I didn't play WCPA much, though, so I don't know how good it is without full guns.

Edfilho said:
I personally like the Panther a lot. It is the best mid-level fighter in the series, IMO. I didn't play WCPA much, though, so I don't know how good it is without full guns.
Personally, i like the Wasp, I wished it would have been launched for engagements WITHOUT a timer/time-limit. I never got to experience the full power of the wasp because I was to hurry to blow them capships/ fighters before the time limit....

The Shrike is also a good ship, loads of weapons (including a secret one)

The Pirahna just ROCKS!!!! Hehe...

And it's PiraNHa. :)
But it does rock, thoug. I think it is the best light fighter of the series, in terms of survivability (other than the Banshee).

Two lasers and one ion? If you face anything but the weakest enemy, you have to paste them for a long time to do damage. The alt fire, however, is very cool. I think it's probably a good fighter for pirates and kilrathi, but it's not really suited for heavy combate with the space bugs.

Two ions and one laser, actually, which makes it one laser short of the Arrow's gun load, and about equal to the Banshee's. Basically you've got double the armor of the Banshee plus the Stormfire II cannon, but it's otherwise roughly equal.

Vinman said:
so how DO you get past the painting the target mission, then?

Find a light blue thingy on ur RADAR, then, ready some mines, when u get close to the light-blue blip, u can see a mine-looky-like thingy, just drop mines there and u get to autopilot home.

I assume that Painting the Target was the mission in prophecy with something to stick on the alien ships yadaa-yadaa-yadaa and the Midway uses it's Mega-big (and Sexy) Plasma Cannon!..I think..

Pity the people with normal WC Prophecy can't enjoy the thrill of blowing alien fighters out of space with torpedoes....

Back