Prologue Released!

oh, Im not sure, I was under impression he was the first, remenber his WC fighter mod? He had some capital ships donne and asked me to resume his work (I was at Babylon 5 MOD for FS2 at the time). At least I know I came to WC saga cause of him.

The team grew since then because we had, what? 3 menbers then? its been several years now (2000?) I might have been wrong but I was under the impression that his mod was the seed for this project.

Not exactly. I believe, that the project you are refering to was abandoned 2000. Wing Commander Saga was founded 2002 as a spinoff of the original Wing Commander Saga mod for Conquest: Frontier Wars.

Ah, forgot the origins of the rest of the menbers. Its curious that, then WCsaga had more than one "father" :D

There was also another mod for FS2, founded 2002. It was abandoned as well. As far as I recall, it was called GE (Genetic Enchancement) Program.

Question

I am on the mission where u have to save the Wellington however even at fun burn I keep losing the Wellington everytime I get into firing range. Any tips.

I was very pleased to play through this.

However, i keep getting sound static.

I Am using the onboard audio of a ASUS A8N-E(realtek chip)
Not using the 7.1 audio features, just stereo.

Downloading right now and I can't wait to check it out. Can't think of a better way to start the new year than playing some WC! Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this.

Wow. Looks awesome. :)

I'm having a little problem in mission 2, however. When Baws tells me to form on his wing, I seem to lose the mission no matter what I do. Am I an idiot? Is there a special button to keep formation with my wingleader? Did I miss something?

I'm getting a CTD in the first mission, halfway back from the mock combat with the corvette. Happened on two different computers. Anyone else seeing this?

Oh, and Tolwyn, you and your team are some kind of gods or something. I've been playing Wing Commander since the first one came out. I remember taking it over to my friend's dad's house to play it and him being shocked that it took up two (or three, I forget now) disks.

We tried to play it with sound but got really choppy frame rates. So he said something like, "This computer isn't a 33mhz processing monster!"

Hee!

Thanks... My problem is that when I reach the nav point I appear very far away from Baws, and by the time I can reach him, I've lost. Even afterburner doesn't help. I'll try again, though.

Kamikadze

Dear Admiral! Thank you and yours command for a Wing Commander Saga Prologue! It’s a GREAT game and you did a GREAT work! Many thanks you!!! With impatience I shall wait for new series!!! P.S. Sorry for my English, I don’t now this language so good…

Thanks... My problem is that when I reach the nav point I appear very far away from Baws, and by the time I can reach him, I've lost. Even afterburner doesn't help. I'll try again, though.

Hmm... very strange. This shouldn't happen. Do you stay close to the transport while activating autopilot?

@TCNTalon: please post your computer's configuration, your command line options and flags you activated.

Well, there are about 15 missions in the beta stage, but they will require some heavy modifications due to the addition of the autopilot function plus a couple of changes done to the scripting system. As of tomorrow we will start merging Prologue and Hermes ressources.

I was looking for more of a "We're 70% done" or something to that effect :)

Hmm... very strange. This shouldn't happen. Do you stay close to the transport while activating autopilot?

@TCNTalon: please post your computer's configuration, your command line options and flags you activated.

Nevermind, I forgot to press M before reaching the nav point, silly me.
One other question, though - is the mouse supposed to be extremely unmanueveurable? Because mine is. I would not be surprised if even Quarto had trouble finishing the missions. I keep getting blown to bits even though my mouse sensitivity is set to the absolute maximum. :p

Hmm... I never use mouse in FS2. Either I play via keyboard or I use a joystick (mostly Thrustmaster Afterburner II)

Back