Problems with Wing Commander Academy animated series

BSC_Paladin

Spaceman
OK I've downloaded several episodes, and I have the Divx codecs installed. But the problem is I get the pictures but no sound. When I check the file properties it tells me that the Audio Codec is "Unknown".

And here is my system specs:
1gig Athlon T-bird
512meg DDR Ram
Geforce 3 Ti200
Sound Blaster Audigy
WinXP Pro

I would like to be able to watch these again, considering most episodes I haven't seen in a good while.

you need to first, install the divx 3.11 codec, then downlaods the 5.02 codec and install that on top of the old one.
the episodes should then play with audio, thats what i had to to awhile ago on all my computers to watch them.
and that covers windows 95 98 and XP.
and once the codecs are installed, it does not matter what movie player you use to view them.

You don't need to install any other version on top... Just make sure you've installed 3.11, as DivX codices aren't incredibly backwards compatible.

Ok so far still no luck

And I've even transfered all the files over to an older comp that runs WinME, (the one I use to play my Wing Commander games on). But still no luck on getting sound, But here is a pic of the file properties maybe someone will reconize the problem.

WC_Problem.jpg

And thanks for the help so far.

Yep

I'm getting the same problem with that also. I'm beginning to wonder if its the file itself. But I've never run into this type of problem before, all the other .avi file I have runs fine.

Back