Problems with WCP and SO

Ghost

Emperor
my movies in WCP freeze or crash to windows, and a friend giv me his copy of a download WCPSO but when the last mission of the first chapter end the game don´t go to the next mission, the download is the full version but i have submited with my password and callsign
my machine
Celeron 400
128 mb ram
tnt 2 PCI 32 mb
cd rom 52x
Windows ME

[Edited by Ghost on 02-03-2001 at 21:43]

Are you a native english speaker? What is your sound card? You probably need to change your card's duplex setting and/or hardware acceleration for it.

Looks like two separate problems here:

1) movie trouble in WCP

2) SO doesn't go beyond the first chapter

Here are the solutions:

1) Disable hardware acceleration in DXDIAG (C:\Program Files\DirectX\Setup)

2) You probably don't have all the episodes installed; the only legal way to get them these days is through WCP Gold.

Id it leagal to dl SO if you own it already (got it with wcpg. Like many of my favorite games it was scratched and needed to replace it. I downloaded it from some site last week, but it wasn't the version Origin relieced for free though I got the link from an EA site. Didn't have to enter a callsign or my ID number.
Anyone own Heavygear 2? LOL CD drive won't even recognise it it's in such bad shape. Got it new and it's registered.

[Edited by LOA--Deadman on 02-04-2001 at 03:15]

Damn, I just noticed something with the SO dl. It included everying. The sound, the game and even the video demos. He uploaded the entire CD onto the internet. Hell, I burned the gasme onto a CD and when I put the CD in the drive the install/play launcher comes up.

Guys, I've got a similar problem I've been trying to iron out. I believe it may be specifically related to the TNT series of chips, since when I ask guys with Voodoos, they have no idea what I'm talking about. BTW, I'm using a 32MB card with a TNT2 chip.

During certain segments when the flow of 3D information gets particularly rapid/dense, the game crashes on my system, indicating a fatal error. Message is as follows:

FATAL
dinput:fetch2 fell out of loop

Does anybody know about this? I'd appreciate the help. Please email at roach@mail.asiagate.net

Back