problems with the Repair Droid

El Mero

Spaceman
Hi,
I have a problem with the Advanced Repair Droid which also is supposed to work during combat.
Anyway, I got hit badly and survied but some systems were damaged (Radar, Shield). while returning to base (no autopilot) I looked at the Damage Report and there was no change. With the original Priv you just had to wait until the droid was done and you could see that the systems were repairing.

It sucks, always going back to base to repair and later do you have no time or don´t get the chance to make a stop.

Now, does anyone has an answer to that??

Thanks for the quick answer, but I can´t find anything in the config file which says something about repairtime....
:-(

Search section name="physics" then under it add a line saying

<var name="RepairDroidTime" value="30"/>

(or less time if you want)

Cool , it works.
The only stupid thing is that you can´t see how far the systems are repaired. After a while jumps the status to 100% and thats it... ok....

Anyway, thanks

I have the repair droid set at 30 myself. The droid IS working but he takes so long that it really doesn't make a difference in combat at all.

It seems like it takes about 5 minutes at 30 for a repair. That doesn't sound like a lot of time but most combat is over by then.

It used to be seconds, now it's uhm, somethings. The way it works is: There are six repair systems, and each divides that value you put in by its value (1,2,3,4,5,6).

Faderaven said:
I have the repair droid set at 30 myself. The droid IS working but he takes so long that it really doesn't make a difference in combat at all.

It seems like it takes about 5 minutes at 30 for a repair. That doesn't sound like a lot of time but most combat is over by then.

That's how it was in the original game; it wasn't a real-time repair, just a way of saving repair costs on the ground. And what I did sometimes in the original game was to escape from combat, hang out for a while while the repairs were done, then go back to fighting.

yes i agree. the repair droid is just there to save you money for repairs. with a repair droid you wont spend more than 500 on repairs (since the only thing it cant fix are hull and armor), but without it the cost will shoot up alarmingly. also it is useful if you have multiple missions, it will fix you up for the next challenge

Back