problems with glide while installing WCP:SO

I've been out of the loop for close to a year so if this has been mentioned multiple times before i'm sorry.

When I tried installing WCP:SO I received a warning that the application failed because glide2x.dll was not found. I run Win XP with a nVidia GeForce4 ti 4200 video card. hopefully someone can help me.

You need to have a Glide-capable video card + Glide drivers to use the Glide option in WCP and WCSO. I think you'll be better off with Direct3D, but if you insist on Glide, try the Glide wrapper which was mentioned a while back. Many people found it worked great for them, and it gave me an opportunity to see what the Glide effects looked like, but unfortunately for me, the sound becomes crackly and the HUD becomes mucked up in high resolution (because HCl didn't have a Voodoo card to test the patch with).

I can't even get the game installed. The installation process gets near completion when the error occurs and then it cancels the installation process. I've installed WCP and have run that with no problems, but SO has been a pain in the butt.

Oh... mmm, I hate to say it, but the only thing I can think of that your install files are bad. Did you get it from the 'net or from a CD? You may have to re-download it if you got it from the Internet.

It was from a cd.

I finally got it to work. The Glide wrapper download fixed my problems. I can run the game and I can still run it in Direct3D. :cool:

Back