Problem when buying a new ship.

Methos

Spaceman
Hi all, I have been playing Gemini Gold for a few days now, and I have found a problem that I couldn't find a solution (or explanation for) in the forums.

In the original Privateer which I played on DOS 3.1 hehe, when you went to buy a new ship, all the guns and compatible equipment was transferred to your new ship IF you had the money to outright buy the ship (minus the value of your bare ship of course).

But in Gemini gold, all my stuff just disappears.
Do I have to sell it all before buying the ship then buy it all back?

As far as I know, only the radar system gets transferred to your new ship--the addons are sold along with your old ship.

Radar? Negative, new ships come stripped of absolutely everything. But there's always some random stuff in the cargo hold. Hey, I've never ordered that! :)

helpful hint

Hey folks here is a helpful hint to equip your new ship with your existing guns radar etc..

1). Repair all of your damaged equipment, any check that it's fixed, resale value is only 50% of original cost.

2). Save multiple copies of your game at this point, example: you have enough cash to buy a Galaxy or Centurion, and ship dealer you are at offers the reactor, sheilds, turrent, you don't have yet.

3). Sell everything from your current ship to the dealer, remember you are selling everthing at half price, and you must buy everything back you had. Example:
ECM LEVEL 3, B&S OMNI RADAR, THRUSTER, CARGO EXPANSION, TRACTOR BEAM.
Sell every item you can from the existing ship, this will ensure you will get the most market value for them.

NOTE: DO NOT SAVE GAME AND RELOAD DURING THIS PROCESS YOU WILL LOSE THE ABILITY TO BUY BACK THE ITEMS NOT NORMALLY SOLD AT THIS DEALER.....

4). Now buy the Galaxy or Centurion and notice that the B&S OMNI is in dealer stock when it normally wouldn't..

Have fun :)

Back