problem in mision 9a

U

Unregistered

Im having a problem in mission 9a.
The Hydra keeps launching Squids. I end up getting a trail of hundreds of squids behind me.
Is there a trick to disengage and go to auto with the Hydra stil around. As there is no way to kill the capship with one or two Epee's.

You got caught in a trap :). You need to kill all the fighters before the Squids show up, and then autopilot the hell out of there.

Aww, but that's no fun. It's much more of a challenge to kill all the fighters and then try to knock out as many turrets as you can... and still be able to leave on autopilot.

You and your damned challenge took me five tries on rookie in both ships for me to say "Nuts to your challenge" and just go on about my life being satisified with leaving the turrets unscathed. :p

I've noticed that neither the Avenger, nor the Vampire in this mission can be killed (as they are both essential to the plotline, and the missions don't branch this far out). I for one, got caught in the trap, took out as many squids as I can (after having taken out all the turrets on the cap ship) and then Burning the heck out of there (I must have had 30+ kills) I had the Banshee because the Epee doesn't have enough afterburner fuel to satisfy my burning needs.

Back